Alan Nixon

1 hour ago, Maddogbob said:

Tedious at villa, his last club. Laugh all you like. At some point youll be calling for his head. 

Isn’t that the same for every manager, they all get the nudge eventually 

Football is about constant refreshment these days, 2-3 years and rotate. This is down to many factors (change of league standing, new owners, stagnation, better offer elsewhere) etc 

As much as I would like anyone rather than dross I keep reading this thread and people keep saying is Bruce going to be announced tomorrow?? 

Are you not forgetting we haven’t sacked the manager already in charge for that to happen 

1 minute ago, sulzer said:

As much as I would like anyone rather than dross I keep reading this thread and people keep saying is Bruce going to be announced tomorrow?? 

Are you not forgetting we haven’t sacked the manager already in charge for that to happen 

Plus, Ollie is waiting with his bag packed by the side of the phone.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, sulzer said:

Do we have a manager? Thought he was head coach....maybe a manager comes in above him? 

5 minutes ago, sulzer said:

Didn't take Fulham long other week. 

7 minutes ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

I have no idea if Bruce would do a good job ,His stats overall as a manager 38%  strike rate . After yesterday ,We need a change , Sorry Jos but it is not working.

Over 800 games in management that’s not a bad strike rate.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Itchy said:

No to Bruce for me, he’s only been successful with money , was useless at Villa despite spending loads . He’s a has been.

We should take a gamble on a young up and coming manager , probably from league one or two. 

Not so young but wouldn’t be against Sheridan or Doncaster’s manager .

Nothing personal towards you, but the fact we have fans who would rather appoint Sheridan than Steve Bruce says it all. In that every one has different opinions.

If we appointed Jokanovic there would be people moaning that he was useless this season having spent £100m.

If we appointed Arteta people would moan he had no experience as boss

If we appointed Cowley they would moan they have no championship experience

and so on 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, poite said:

Agreed. People often pick on Alan Irvine but despite that period been pretty atrocious, Irvine at least looked like he was trying to do something. 

And when you look at what Irvine had to work with it wasn't great to say the least, still doesn't excuse him but he is nowhere near as bad as this lad.

2 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Nothing personal towards you, but the fact we have fans who would rather appoint Sheridan than Steve Bruce says it all. In that every one has different opinions.

If we appointed Jokanovic there would be people moaning that he was useless this season having spent £100m.

If we appointed Arteta people would moan he had no experience as boss

If we appointed Cowley they would moan they have no championship experience

and so on 

Some would moan if we appointed Klopp.

• Haha 1