Alan Nixon

John Sheridan is a loved club legend but a terrible failure at football management let's not kid ourselves on that fact.

Keeping on a comic theme some of the suggestions are "batshIt crazy"..:biggrin:

see what i did there ?

Edited by steveger
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, steveger said:

John Sheridan is a loved club legend but a terrible failure at football management let's not kid ourselves on that fact.

see what i did there ?

HOLY COW, steveger !!!!  Your avatar mask had me fooled !!! It turns out that you really are...……….

THE LONE RANGER lol 

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Rogers said:

Things are getting desperate when the likes of Sheridan gets mentioned, he should be always remembered as a club legend on the pitch, not a failed manager off it. 

Like Danny Wilson and Chris Turner...... garymegsonwasn't bad though. 

1 hour ago, Blue and white said:

How do you know, maybe DC'S backer/s has pulled the plug and are not willing to put any more cash in to his project any more.

This isn't a dig but a genuine question.

Because we’d have bigger fish than the EFL all over us. With losses of 20m plus a season if you don’t have funds you can’t pay wages 

Rumour is that Wednesday were waiting for the final of I’m a celebrity get me out of here to finish before appointing a certain someone to replace Jos 

Excepting John Barrowman to be announced as new boss first thing Monday morning

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, BRADDO said:

Would I want Bruce to come in? Definitely. 

Do I think it will happen? No chance. 

There's a potential  £20 million FFP black hole, the selling of our best players to come, to be replaced with frees, loans and kids. Most likely followed by a few seasons in the pub league. 

The embargo was removed. The way P & S is supposed to work is they look at future income and expenditure and put in place a plan to get club back on guidelines. I suspect as long as we follow guidelines we will not come to no harm. It probably means spending will be limited and with down turn in attendances may have to be lower than expected but it would be ridiculous to go back into embargo less than 12 months after it being lifted. If selling of a player was required it would not have been lifted until this had been done. I suspect players may be sold in order to fund fresh players coming in. 

I accept it is not a job which will attract high quality managers as not much to spend and not a lot to work with.

1 hour ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Heard a rumour that DC is looking at Carlos’ old assistant Bruno Lage coming back in some capacity.

There was a lot of talk that he was interviewed for the Villa job before they gave it Dean Smith, think he’s just took Benfica B side on 

quite highly rated 

6 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Why are Westwood et al not playing then. Why did we only make 2 loan signings.

Got to be contract related with Westwood, if not that then Jos has either fell out with him ala Hutchinson or for some bizarre reason genuinely doesn’t rate him 

3 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Got to be contract related with Westwood, if not that then Jos has either fell out with him ala Hutchinson or for some bizarre reason genuinely doesn’t rate him 

I don't think it's bonus related with Westwood. More likely that playing a certain amount of games triggers a year extension. 

If it was bonus say £3k for appearance (as was touted on here earlier) in the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter. Another years contract at £1m - £1.5m, however is a sizeable chunk. 

Or maybe he's been an arsèhole and Jos doesn't want him involved.

We'll hopefully soon see when Jos is relieved of his duties.

2 hours ago, steveger said:

see what i did there ?

How is he a terrible failure? He’s been in work pretty much consistently for over 10 years and achieved promotion and a JPT win for Chezzy. I don’t want him here but daft to suggest he’s a failure. 

3 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Like wise no one questioned the spending at Wolves as they are the owner is backed by the Chinese government.

We could have done what Wolves did, but Chansiri didn't fancy it.

It was a bob or bust policy which worked in Wolves' case, but has failed elsewhere.

We sort of half-heartedly went for it instead.

3 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

We could have done what Wolves did, but Chansiri didn't fancy it.

It was a bob or bust policy which worked in Wolves' case, but has failed elsewhere.

We sort of half-heartedly went for it instead.

Exactly, we neither did one or the other but seem to have wasted a feck load of money in the process.

23 minutes ago, supersiggi said:

I don't think it's bonus related with Westwood. More likely that playing a certain amount of games triggers a year extension. 

If it was bonus say £3k for appearance (as was touted on here earlier) in the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter. Another years contract at £1m - £1.5m, however is a sizeable chunk. 

Or maybe he's been an arsèhole and Jos doesn't want him involved.

We'll hopefully soon see when Jos is relieved of his duties.

Jos thought Westwood was going, so promised the shirts to the youngsters.

But then KW didn't go, and expected to be reinstated.

Jos wouldn't break his promise to the kids, there were high words, and we are where we are.

That's the info I have from the club's innards.

• Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Jos thought Westwood was going, so promised the shirts to the youngsters.

But then KW didn't go, and expected to be reinstated.

Jos wouldn't break his promise to the kids, there were high words, and we are where we are.

That's the info I have from the club's innards.

Then he’s a bigger fool than we thought