#SWFC team for Sunderland

9 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

I’d base the team around the youngsters & tell them that first team spots are up for grabs so go stake a claim. 

These could be the players we rely upon over the next couple of years.

Couldn’t agree more! Our future stars are coming through: 

wildsmith / Dawson

Baker

Neilson

O’Grady / JvA

Thornley

Penney 

Bit vague on midfielders coming through...

Preston

Borukov

If the others add as much as Thornely, Baker and keepers that’s a solid 1/3 of the next 5 years squad.... add a sprinkle of stars and grafters and we’ve got a chance of competing on the cheap! 

7 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I suspect it will be something like that, but 7 changes, following on from 3 on Saturday, would suggest that Jos has no idea what his best team is

I think that is totally unfair .

For a start it was 2 changes really because Nuhiu was suspended.

If we then make 7 changes it will be less than most championship clubs will make, the norm under Carlos was 10.

We also need to give players like Matias, Boyd , Joao If fit a game.

If we lose so be it.

Looking at our squad we don’t have the depth to be playing lots of midweek games .

We need to concentrate on doing the best we can in the league because a couple of injuries to key players could see us in a relegation fight.

9 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Wildsmith

Palmer Lees J.Lee Pudil Thorniley

Pelupessy Jones Bannan

Matias Nuhiu

Subs:

Dawson, Baker, Nielsen, Hunt, Preston, Reach, Fletcher

I'd rest the likes of Hutchinson and Forestieri. Can't really make many changes to the midfield but I'd give David Jones a run out because I'd like to see him back in the side ahead of Pelupessy. I'd give Palmer another go at right back in the cup and would nice to see Jack Lee be given a start after being on the bench past couple of games. I'd also try Thorniley at LWB again after his performance yesterday. 

So you have pelupessy in the same midfield?

8 hours ago, sheriwozgod said:

Westwood (yeah I know)

J. Lee

Van Aken

Thoniley

Boyd

Jones

Hunt

Penney

Matias

Nuhiu

Preston

Don't risk ANY of the key players from Saturday, this season is gonna be tough enough without losing a key player in the league cup.

This but Wildsmith in net 

9 hours ago, fudge27 said:

Wildsmith

Baker

Neilsen

Pudil

Thorniley

Van Aken

Hunt

Jones

Reach

Fletcher

Matias

Id look to get Preston/Borukov on uptop at some point and maybe Penny. Try Van Aken at Wing back see if he shows any promise there; but make sure FF, Bannan and Lees are away from any harm

Pudil won’t play but I’d love to see Hunt get some minutes

There a few id leave in. I'd give Fletch another start. Chance to get some more game time under his belt after so long out. 

Also an old club, always gives players that bit more of a boost.

Would like to see some of the kids play a part,  see what they've got in the locker. 

Obviously rest the likes of Hutch no point over egging the pudding in terms of taking too many risks. 

Definitely give Matias a start. One of our fastest players. Want to make sure he's getting minutes and up to speed.