#SWFC team for Sunderland

Wildsmith

Palmer Lees J.Lee Pudil Thorniley

Pelupessy Jones Bannan

Matias Nuhiu

Subs:

Dawson, Baker, Nielsen, Hunt, Preston, Reach, Fletcher

I'd rest the likes of Hutchinson and Forestieri. Can't really make many changes to the midfield but I'd give David Jones a run out because I'd like to see him back in the side ahead of Pelupessy. I'd give Palmer another go at right back in the cup and would nice to see Jack Lee be given a start after being on the bench past couple of games. I'd also try Thorniley at LWB again after his performance yesterday. 

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Wildsmith

Palmer Lees J.Lee Pudil Thorniley

Pelupessy Jones Bannan

Matias Nuhiu

Subs:

Dawson, Baker, Nielsen, Hunt, Preston, Reach, Fletcher

I'd rest the likes of Hutchinson and Forestieri. Can't really make many changes to the midfield but I'd give David Jones a run out because I'd like to see him back in the side ahead of Pelupessy. I'd give Palmer another go at right back in the cup and would nice to see Jack Lee be given a start after being on the bench past couple of games. I'd also try Thorniley at LWB again after his performance yesterday. 

I suspect it will be something like that, but 7 changes, following on from 3 on Saturday, would suggest that Jos has no idea what his best team is

• Thanks 1

Wildsmith

Baker

Neilsen

Pudil

Thorniley

Van Aken

Hunt

Jones

Reach

Fletcher

Matias

Id look to get Preston/Borukov on uptop at some point and maybe Penny. Try Van Aken at Wing back see if he shows any promise there; but make sure FF, Bannan and Lees are away from any harm

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I suspect it will be something like that, but 7 changes, following on from 3 on Saturday, would suggest that Jos has no idea what his best team is

I can't fault what you're saying. I'm not sure anyone does. Do you have an idea what our best team is?

I think changes are inevitable as Jos last season was reluctant to play certain players 3 times in a week.

I would play Fletcher for obvious reasons and I would stick with Forrestieri as he’s in form and he didn’t play much last season so he’ll probably want to continue?

I suspect he’ll want to have a look at Hunt and Preston maybe even Matias but I wouldn’t be surprised to see both he and Joao shipped back to Portugal before the end of the month?

Don’t play any of our key players. So I wouldn’t play Forestieri, Lees, Bannan or Reach. These need to be tested for next weeks league game

Add to that Pudil can’t play Saturday, Thursday, Sunday so he shouldn’t play 

Van Aiken, Palmer, Jones and Nuhui can all come back in. Give Matias 90 mins as well

Wildsmith

palmer

lees

nielson

thornely

boyd

Jones

Hunt

Pelupessy

Matias

Nuhui

Subs

Dawson

Pudil

Baker

Preston

Fletcher

Lee

Borukov

Bannan, Forestieri, Reach & Hutchinson all left at home before a long trip down to London a couple of days later

Edited by Libertine
  • Like 1

I’d like to see Penney, Neilson, Preston & JvA involved. Maybe a place on bench for Borukov, and give Fessi, Hutch, Bannan & Lees night off. 

I disagree reed that changes mean we / Jos doesn’t know his best team and think it’s more to do with games every 3/4 days and a squad that has history of breaking down when played repeatedly! 

Wildsmith  

O’grady  v.aken   Nielsen 

palmer                             Penny 

Stobbs  Jones  Preston 

Matias 

Borukov 

gives a a good look at the back up players and no injuries picked up by key players 

42 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I think changes are inevitable as Jos last season was reluctant to play certain players 3 times in a week.

I would play Fletcher for obvious reasons and I would stick with Forrestieri as he’s in form and he didn’t play much last season so he’ll probably want to continue?

I suspect he’ll want to have a look at Hunt and Preston maybe even Matias but I wouldn’t be surprised to see both he and Joao shipped back to Portugal before the end of the month?

Sending one of our best players back to Portugal? Not a chance we'd get some right money for him here.

42 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Sending one of our best players back to Portugal? Not a chance we'd get some right money for him here.

Not as much as you’d think given he’s in the last year of his contract.

Wsmith

Joey nielson thorniley penney

reach(45)  jva  preston/hunt

Boyd  fletch matias 

Try 433 and a few different things as not the squad for cup games anyway, bring bannan on for reach, nuhiu for fletch