#SWFC team for Sunderland

As others have said, the league HAS TO be our priority, anything that comes out of Thursday night is a bonus and with that in mind I'd go with...

Wildsmith

Palmer (RWB)

Nielsen

Van Aken

Pudil

Fox

Pelupessey

Jones

Boyd

Matias

Nuhiu

Wildsmith

Palmer (eek)   Van Aken (double eek)  Neilsen  Thorniley  Boyd

Pelupessy   Jones

Preston  Joao (if fit) / Nuhiu   Matias

Surely Palmer and JVA can't be as bad as they were at Wigan?  I liked the look of Preston the one time I've seen him play albeit only at Lincoln, so give him a chance to show what he can do. Stobbs had a chance last season and isn't up to it (imo)

(5-3-2)

Wildsmith

Baker

Nielsen

Thorniley

O'Grady

Penney

Kirby

Van Aken

Boyd

Nuhiu

Borukov

We need to use this game as a platform to see exactly what we've got to work with and who can play in what roles, which is why I'd give Van Aken a try as a midfield anchor, as well as using our two players who might actually fit as wing backs.

9 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Wash your mouth out.

My opinion won’t change on this one.

Jos is a muppet for declaring Westwood our number 3.

So obvious how this will pan out. Embarrassment for Jos when Westwood fails to move on, we start shipping goals galore, and Westwood is recalled with an immediate defensive improvement. 

And you know I’ll be right.

Then we’ll start calculating how many points we’d have been better off had we not fecked about up until that point.

Edited by theowlsman
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

My opinion won’t change on this one.

Jos is a muppet for declaring Westwood our number 3.

So obvious how this will pan out. Embarrassment for Jos when Westwood fails to move on, we start shipping goals galore, and Westwood is recalled with an immediate defensive improvement. 

And you know I’ll be right.

I can certainly see a scenario where Dawson drops a clanger or two and Westwood's name is being chanted from the stands, which could end up destroying Dawson's confidence 

Joking apart, the quotes from Jos are a bit of a joke. To say he's not considering him because he's been injured is just bizarre and clearly bull. His face doesn't fit- I've heard it, others have heard it.

He'll end up going for free too. Another cracking piece of business by the 'successful businessman'.

Edited by RUMBELOWS91