Jack Hunt from #SWFC to Bristol City

12 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

They’ve put a contract in front of him. It was just a case of dotting the I’s and crossing the T’s. 

He’s struggling with the T’s though.

It's a good job he can write.

If they asked him to put a cross at the bottom he'd be there all night.:rolleyes:

• Haha 7

9 hours ago, The Captain said:

Yet based on how many minutes Luhukay has actually played Reach at LWB for (not many, even once the injury crisis calmed down) we can probably assume that we won’t be seeing much of Reach playing at wing-back next season IMO.

Not sure how that makes losing Hunt (who plays RWB anyway) any less of a blow.

He left him at CM due to lack of options there. When Bannan returned, and then FF and we moved to a 3-4-3 from 3-5-2, Reach went to LWB which is where he will likely play next season.

If we play 3 at the back that is.

53 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

They’ve put a contract in front of him. It was just a case of dotting the I’s and crossing the T’s. 

He’s struggling with the T’s though.

It's not the I's or the T's

It's the crossing.

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

In the eyes of some of our fans Hunt has gone from only being good enough for backup to suddenly being worth zillions 

Generally thats what happens when different people have different opinions.

Some people don't rate him, others do.

Or are you suggesting you remember every posters opinion on Jack Hunt and their opinions have now changed?

Please clarify.

1 minute ago, BingleyOwl said:

Am I the only one who thinks his crossing is decent? We’ve had many a decent opportunity or scored as a result of one of his crosses.

Yeah only one. Once in a while he will cross a decent ball but most of the time it's rubbish

On 04/07/2018 at 21:11, oldishowl said:

We signed Hunt from a Premier League club. Guess he is on very decent wages.

We can’t afford to sign somebody better and have Hunt as backup. Cloud cuckoo land.

The young lad who played against Norwich is not the answer. 

Presume it will be a loan to come in.

So there is no answer? Ash baker is far more likely to be the answer than Palmer and after one very good game I have no reason to wright him off just yet. 

Edited by Daizan10

1 hour ago, waddleisgod said:

Hunt might not be the best full back in the world but he’s probably the best one we’ve got at the minute!!

IMO he’s much better than Fox and Palmer,

True, but if he's the one we're able to move on first in order to bring in the players Luhukay wants, then so be it.

If we want to compete at the top of this division, none of them are good enough to play regularly in the system we used during the second half of last season, especially given the importance that system places on wingbacks to defend, get forward, and reliably deliver quality balls into the box.

In an ideal world, City would be offering us £1.6m for Palmer and we could keep Hunt as a squad player, but in the absence of such an offer, we might have to take what we can get in order to buy us the wriggle room needed to reshape our squad a little.

Guest Kameron

We need to be keeping hold of players like Hunt until we have replacements lined up.  He's been a very good player for us and is more than a decent championship player, at the end of the day if his crossing was more consistent he'd be playing in the league above.  We will not replace him for 1.6 million unless we get lucky and we are not in a position to afford better, Ash Baker may look a good prospect but can he do it for 40 odd games at this level, it would make more sense to offload Palmer and use Baker as Back up to Hunt. 

Some disrespectful comments about Jack Hunt. He’s much better than what most of you think.

Id sooner shift out around 10 first team players before him. I also think he’s suited to the wing back role - got great energy and fitness which is needed for the role.

I acknowledge that he gets niggles though but many of our players suffered from injuries last season.