Jack Hunt from #SWFC to Bristol City

5 minutes ago, Arcadianrocket said:

Baker has played 1 game, where Norwich were on the beach and now he is better then Jack Hunt. Laughable.

There has to be a replacement. Sacrifice Hunt for a cb and new rb is acceptable.

Not saying he’s better but goes with jos wanting to give youth the chance 

2 minutes ago, The Captain said:

That would be Reach, who JL has preferred to play aging winger, Boyd at LWB instead of.

Also at a time when options were pretty scarce and we needed Reach elsewhere.

6 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

Yep that would be him, and when he has dropped Reach into wing back has been the best player on the pitch.

6 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Also at a time when options were pretty scarce and we needed Reach elsewhere.

Yet based on how many minutes Luhukay has actually played Reach at LWB for (not many, even once the injury crisis calmed down) we can probably assume that we won’t be seeing much of Reach playing at wing-back next season IMO.

Not sure how that makes losing Hunt (who plays RWB anyway) any less of a blow.

Just now, The Captain said:

Yet based on how many minutes Luhukay has actually played Reach at LWB for (not many, even once the injury crisis calmed down) we can probably assume that we won’t be seeing much of Reach playing at wing-back next season IMO.

Not sure how that makes losing Hunt (who plays RWB anyway) any less of a blow.

We shall see though i feel it's his best position.

Nobody saying it softens the blow of losing Hunt, just stating that Hunt isn't the best wing back at the club.

1 hour ago, briggowl said:

Seems strange. Who's gonna play right back/wing back? Our main source of pace!! For £1.6m? I'm having a mini meltdown.

1 hour ago, briggowl said:

You do know we are allowed to sign another right back?

Seems clear that we wouldn’t be able/ want to offer Hunt a new contract so he would leave for nothing at the end of the season.

So fee plus save on wages is approx 2.5 mill. Would anybody sacrifice that money to keep Hunt for one more season, playing say 30 games. Not me.

Spend 500k on wages for a loanee to play right back and take the 2 mill profit.

I will now be disappointed if it falls through 

Guest wilyfox
19 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Seems clear that we wouldn’t be able/ want to offer Hunt a new contract so he would leave for nothing at the end of the season.

So fee plus save on wages is approx 2.5 mill. Would anybody sacrifice that money to keep Hunt for one more season, playing say 30 games. Not me.

Spend 500k on wages for a loanee to play right back and take the 2 mill profit.

I will now be disappointed if it falls through 

That's my take on it. DC will have had Hunt's agent knocking on his door seeking long-term security for his client. New deal, or there's 3yrs on offer in Bristol. 2+1/2mil saving will give Jos some leeway in the market - hopefully. 

29 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Oh right, thought you were being ironic, think.............. 18/19 years old, summat about club legends son/Nigel Pearson/Leicester......... etc

Ahh I see, im not bothered about him anyway. don't class him as a proper player yet.

39 minutes ago, Sonny said:

You can assume what you like 

Glad you agree with me.

38 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

We shall see though i feel it's his best position.

Nobody saying it softens the blow of losing Hunt, just stating that Hunt isn't the best wing back at the club.

Personally I think Hunt has been our best WB in recent times.  Has been a regular starter down that right flank for the last 3 seasons (2 of years we made the top 6).  Built up an excellent partnership with Wallace.  Has added pace to a team that has lacked speed.  And we’ve missed Hunt when Palmer has had to fill in.

Whereas, in the time that Reach has been at the club he’s played at LM, LB, ACM and LWB.  Good reliable player at Championship.  But his versatility is also his biggest weakness - he’s become something of a utility player.  I really hope that Reach nails down a regular starting position in the first XI next season, rather than ‘filling in’ and puts in some of the performances we saw in the second half of last season.  If Reach can do that, the lad will start to justify that big price tag he came with.