Jack Hunt from #SWFC to Bristol City

2 minutes ago, briggowl said:

Seems strange. Who's gonna play right back/wing back? Our main source of pace!! For £1.6m? I'm having a mini meltdown.

Only good point is that he's fairly injury prone. Is there a game he played where the physio wasn't on for him?

Perhaps we've got a replacement lined up.. yeah lets think positively!!!!!

Edited by briggowl

Seems like a decent deal for us to me. Hunt is by no means a bad player but I've always thought he was a bit one dimensional going forward and never really produced much end product. £1.6m is a decent fee for a player in the last year of his contract who imo is eminently replaceable.

14 hours ago, Owls77 said:

Do you have trouble with a sense of direction? 

lol

Well it's clear we're not going to be busy in the transfer market because of our closeness to FFP regulations. We are now relying on Palmer as a first choice replacement. For the life of me, I can't see why anyone would he happy by Hunt's move to Bristol.

All this talk of Palmer is bull. 

To me it's clear he's going to switch Keiran Lee back to his position of RB. Therefore he doesn't have the dilemma of who to put in the middle of the park. 

I think he's going to have Reach and Lee as first choice full backs. Lees, Van Aken and Pudil as 3 centre backs. Pudil on the left of that 3. Hutch sitting in front with pelupussy. Bannan and Forestieri pulling the strings with anyone of our strikers up top. 

Strong possibility that Hooper and/or fletch to be sold given that Nuhiu has just signed new contract along with the young Bulgarian lad. Both those strikers will be on high wages. That leaves Nuhiu, Winnall, Rhodes and The youngster competing up top. Possibility of Westwood going as we have two great young keepers. 

There's two youngsters at the back in Thornley and Nielson coming through. Venancio would be nice. The lad baker for right back as back up. 

If he can keep the players he has fit, the future looks bright. Books balanced and able to then make purchases again after year 1 drops off and it's a different 3 year cycle. 

1 minute ago, BingleyOwl said:

Well it's clear we're not going to be busy in the transfer market because of our closeness to FFP regulations. We are now relying on Palmer as a first choice replacement. For the life of me, I can't see why anyone would he happy by Hunt's move to Bristol.

Agree

Guest Arcadianrocket
46 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Perhaps Jos might be able to get more out of Palmer?

Better training and improved understanding of what he needs to do. 

Jo's might just make something of Palmer. 

Lol first Rhodes and now Palmer.

If you were manager we would be relegated.

Guest Arcadianrocket

Anyone who is happy for Liam Palmer to start needs help.

Edited by Arcadianrocket

Guest Arcadianrocket
1 minute ago, Adam Reachs left peg said:

Personally think baker will get the nod 

Baker has played 1 game, where Norwich were on the beach and now he is better then Jack Hunt. Laughable.

There has to be a replacement. Sacrifice Hunt for a cb and new rb is acceptable.

2 minutes ago, Adam Reachs left peg said:

Ha most likely bu11sh1t rumours palmer was off asked him at oip he knew nothing about it 

Aye, ice cream parlour shop Rumour, Palmer's mrs just happened to say "he been treated shyte by Wednesday" been guaranteed first team at Wigan or wherever................. ffs

Guest Arcadianrocket

Even more annoying having to sell decent players like Hunt who have served us well for financial reasons when we spunked 10m on my mate Rhodes when we already had some of the best strikers in the league!!!! The people making the decisions at our club are a joke (IMO!)

Edited by Arcadianrocket