Jack Hunt from #SWFC to Bristol City

Sad to see him go and sure he will get the respect he deserves when returns next season. But it’s business don’t think we would be offering him the deal he would want so cash in. There are better out there.  Really need a ten than can consistently deliver a ball into the box. 

The revolution ion has begun!

15 minutes ago, maldino2004 said:

I’m just worried that we won’t even attempt to replace him and make do with what we have, in my opinion that would definitely be a backwards step. 

Careful , balanced  and insightful comments like that on here will get you slaughtered . Some think we will spend more in fees and wages on a replacement . It hasn’t sunk in yet Palmer and a rookie will be our right back options this season. Not that there is owt wrong with giving the kids a chance. 

1 hour ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Some disrespectful comments about Jack Hunt. He’s much better than what most of you think.

Id sooner shift out around 10 first team players before him. I also think he’s suited to the wing back role - got great energy and fitness which is needed for the role.

I acknowledge that he gets niggles though but many of our players suffered from injuries last season.

Agree completely, when I first saw this picture I thought it was our players that we are trying to shift on. All deadwood just past their best now and should have been moved on before Hunt

image.png.056e31150f5adb5e2d51194d9a0787c0.png

11 minutes ago, nethertonowl said:

Careful , balanced  and insightful comments like that on here will get you slaughtered . Some think we will spend more in fees and wages on a replacement . It hasn’t sunk in yet Palmer and a rookie will be our right back options this season. Not that there is owt wrong with giving the kids a chance. 

I’d say that a balanced comment would consider the fact that you’ve no idea if we’re looking for a replacement or how much resource we might have allocated to it.

Can't believe it, he went on holiday with the players and everything. Saw it on instagram and everything. Now he has gone and his tattoos too. Feels weird.

4 hours ago, Carbone said:

Agree completely, when I first saw this picture I thought it was our players that we are trying to shift on. All deadwood just past their best now and should have been moved on before Hunt

How? Someone has to be willing to buy they, or at the very least take on their wages!  

Just not bothered...

6 hours ago, maldino2004 said:

I’m just worried that we won’t even attempt to replace him and make do with what we have, in my opinion that would definitely be a backwards step. 

Kieron Lee , Pelupessey and Hutch would do a better job than Hunt in that position . 

Good move well done Jos and Katrien

9 hours ago, waddleisgod said:

Hunt might not be the best full back in the world but he’s probably the best one we’ve got at the minute!!

IMO he’s much better than Fox and Palmer,

You're right, but in all likelihood other clubs don't want Fox and Palmer.

5 hours ago, mrgund said:

Can't believe it, he went on holiday with the players and everything. Saw it on instagram and everything. Now he has gone and his tattoos too. Feels weird.

He obviously didn't know what plans the club had for him.

I bet it was as big a shock to him as it was to us.

There'll be other wondering about their futures now too.

1 minute ago, Athelwulf said:

He obviously didn't know what plans the club had for him.

I bet it was as big a shock to him as it was to us.

There'll be other wondering about their futures now too.

Wouldn't he have to agree to the deal?  He must be thinking that the grass is greener unless his train of thought that the club are prepared to let me go so can't be happy with me so best move on.

We need to replace him unless that young lad is earmarked to take over. 

7 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Some disrespectful comments about Jack Hunt. He’s much better than what most of you think.

Id sooner shift out around 10 first team players before him. I also think he’s suited to the wing back role - got great energy and fitness which is needed for the role.

I acknowledge that he gets niggles though but many of our players suffered from injuries last season.

Personally I thought he was hard working but a very limited footballer 

Won’t take much to replace him 

6 hours ago, Carbone said:

It looks like some sort of deadwood bingo competition to see where they will go but none of them can even win that due to their (our) luck. Leaving us stuck with them... :ph34r::duntmatter::ghoulguy: