BREAKING NEWS - #SWFC pre-season plans unveiled

Starting to like how Jos does things more and more. He ain't here to mess about is he. 

Can't wait for the pre season photo gallery of the players sweating bricks, maybe the odd player in the background being sick in a bucket. That'd be lovely. 

• Haha 6

Put the pies away mother, and fetch some couscous. Jos is on one. lol

AND NOT BEFORE BLOODY TIME.

This Jos bloke is bugging the hell out of me. I’m going to have to acknowledge him as a great appointment at this rate, then tell my mate not to hang around waiting. Once he gets out of bed that is.

F5D522EA-8187-4445-9FDA-766AE64DB539.png

• Like 1

Sorry to have a bit of an opposite viewpoint (although I do agree with this in principle) the two seasons prior to this one were virtually the same and we had good finishes whereas united seem to have a very fit and up and at em mentality and ran out of steam and burnt out around half way through. I think the Portugal jolly thing is being a bit overstated. I do agree that Jos and the club at the moment seem much more organised and the a lot of positives are emerging.

Nice one Jos. Worked well enough for Wilko.

“Howard got us very fit. We must have been the fittest team in the land. We could go for 90 minutes and whoever played Sheffield Wednesday that season knew they were in for a tough game.” (Imre Varadi)

3 minutes ago, Samurai Blue said:

Nice one Jos. Worked well enough for Wilko.

“Howard got us very fit. We must have been the fittest team in the land. We could go for 90 minutes and whoever played Sheffield Wednesday that season knew they were in for a tough game.” (Imre Varadi)

BANG ON THE MARK.

• Like 1

At the risk of looking too much into it, you'd imagine that a season without being in the playoffs might help with preparations as well. The physical and mental stress the playoffs give means a shorter pre-season and slightly less time off to mentally and physically recharge. Coupled with an actually decent pre-season regime and we can hopefully start the season as we ended this one. 

I will support the management in whatever way they go BUT no more excuses, no more silly injuries from unfit players

We draw a line we get the squad match fit and ready for the first game of the season and we start the game on at least a level playing field, with a squad as fit as the one Stuart Gray left behind.

28 minutes ago, trevdi9 said:

get em up on the Breckons use the Army training course

lol 

Training course its a wilderness,. Aim of course is so you can cruck a wlhut between your buttocks. Do we really want them to be able to do that:-)

41 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Put the pies away mother, and fetch some couscous. Jos is on one. lol

AND NOT BEFORE BLOODY TIME.

This Jos bloke is bugging the hell out of me. I’m going to have to acknowledge him as a great appointment at this rate, then tell my mate not to hang around waiting. Once he gets out of bed that is.

F5D522EA-8187-4445-9FDA-766AE64DB539.png

That picture has genuinely shocked me. I had no idea Ian Holloway was inflatable.

• Haha 4

Yeah get them in the Brecon Beacons where at least 3 of the highly trained, highly fit SAS have died while there. 

Great idea.

We had bad Injuries last year. We can't start Bannan if he's dead.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Quist said:

Think this is nearest you will get to admission that last couple of pre seasons were not fit for purpose. Bannan comments he made the other day indicated it was going to be hard and I suspect it will be a grueller.

I do like Jos as a manger. If he gets real financial backing we are in for fireworks.

A fit squad at start of season could mean 20 additional points we have thrownawy in last 3 seasons.

Exactly, he alluded to it in a way that thinking about it, they have been warned, hoops turned up start of last year with extra girth, I don't suppose any will be doing that. 

They get paid to train. Not fanny about on a quasi holiday.

This is brilliant. We haven't had a full pre season with a capable stable squad for years. 

Get the running Jos. Get them running!!