BREAKING NEWS - #SWFC pre-season plans unveiled

28 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

So a week in cleethorpes followed by a couple of days in greno woods then. 

Sod Cleethorpes, no time to travel. Get 'em in Greno' Woods.

What's Tony Toms doing these days? He must be in his 70's now but I bet he is still fitter than some of the players were last season.

Well done Jos. No more jollies. They have had a good summer break to do that and its refreshing to see a manager who as his priorities right. He identified immediately the poor level of players fitness and he obviously isn't going to go down that road.

We've started three seasons slowly under CC - the third slow start was unforgivable, but I don't doubt that had CC still been managing us we'd have started next season slowly; the fitness of the squad isn't a priority for him, and he'll proudly never change.

So it's great that JL really seems to mean business about addressing the fitness of the squad by cutting out the unnecessary from the preparations.

I suppose we'll find out during August just how much JL's changed things at the club, but I really like this leave-nothing-to-chance approach.

Never understood the point of ‘warm weather training’ for EFL. First and last games of the season are t-shirt weather if you’re lucky; literally the other 96% you freeze yer absolute bollards off. THAT’S THE RULE.

‘Warm weather training’ is the football equivalent of diving for rubber bricks in your pyjamas.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mr. Tom said:

Never understood the point of ‘warm weather training’ for EFL. First and last games of the season are t-shirt weather if you’re lucky; literally the other 96% you freeze yer absolute bollards off. THAT’S THE RULE.

‘Warm weather training’ is the football equivalent of diving for rubber bricks in your pyjamas.

I'm glad you're last sentence contained the word bricks lol

• Haha 4

The Dutch Meggo!  The Dutch Wilko. 

No messing around.

Plus sitting on planes etc. is medically proven to tighten hamstrings which is why we've avoided the Premier League and chance of European football for 20 years, and why we have such a brilliant recent injury record.

I'm not too sure that the travelling wastes that much time. Austria, Holland, Germany isn't that far by plane. Even old Carlos managed to train the 1st night on the jolly boy's outing.

I'd have had them running up and down the Swiss Alps fully clad in laderhosen  chasing cows. 

lol

• Haha 1