Venancio- Why did he fail to get a look in under CC

At this point i do think it's about favourites. From what's been said since he left it seems like Carlos had his first choice players and his way of managing was to say "look, i 100% believe in you guys, you are my number 1s and i believe you can do this." The problem is that then neglected and marginalised the rest of the squad.. and that's why we struggled so much when we lost a few first team players (or a lot as we have this season).

Jos seems like he's much more of a squad manager than a first 11 manager which is what Carlos seems to be.

1 hour ago, alanharper said:

Because he was 4th choice behind Lees, Loovens and Van Aken.  With 2 of them out injured he's been playing, although Pudil is in contention for that slot as well. Plus with O'Grady, Neilson and Thorniley as options we're actually stronger at CB than we thought we were.

Venancio has been patient and took his chance very well I think, the whole loan did seem to be a waste of time at one point.  With Jos favouring 3 at the back he'll probably get more gametime even when Lees and Van Aken are back.

Yes stronger at CB than we thought because Jos is already changing things, we didnt know what day it was with CC never mind how good our fringe players were

1 minute ago, Owlinmad said:

You do all realise that we will be reading the same things about our current manager in x number of years time don't you ?

They all lose the plot or their effectiveness eventually. It’s when fans make out like they were always poor it seems unfair

1 hour ago, Bleeder said:

Fair question. He's certainly looked more assured than Van Aken.

(And Loovens for that matter)

oooo...

brace yerself lad. there's going to be some hate attributed to this one... i agree though. 

Venancio has looked assured with three centre backs. With just the two, he's been sound but rushed at times and made a few, minor, errors. I suspect that Van Aken will also be a much better player in the new formation, if we stick to it.

I agree that Loovens is looking more a liability with every game, but his experience is important. With two cbs Carlos probably thought the experience of Loovens or Pudil was preferable to starting with two new players.