Venancio- Why did he fail to get a look in under CC

Because he was 4th choice behind Lees, Loovens and Van Aken.  With 2 of them out injured he's been playing, although Pudil is in contention for that slot as well. Plus with O'Grady, Neilson and Thorniley as options we're actually stronger at CB than we thought we were.

Venancio has been patient and took his chance very well I think, the whole loan did seem to be a waste of time at one point.  With Jos favouring 3 at the back he'll probably get more gametime even when Lees and Van Aken are back.

1 minute ago, alanharper said:

Because he was 4th choice behind Lees, Loovens and Van Aken.  With 2 of them out injured he's been playing, although Pudil is in contention for that slot as well. Plus with O'Grady, Neilson and Thorniley as options we're actually stronger at CB than we thought we were.

Venancio has been patient and took his chance very well I think, the whole loan did seem to be a waste of time at one point.  With Jos favouring 3 at the back he'll probably get more gametime even when Lees and Van Aken are back.

I understand him being behind Lees and Van Aken to an extent given the fee we paid for him. But Loovens is shot to bits and has looked so for quite a while now, just has no legs at all.

Because he was not one of Carlos favoured 6 or 7 who play every game.

It show when you have a squad of over 25-30 players and the same 8 or 9 play every game, no wonder we have struggled when these players have been out because the rest don't play in the same team unless you included in training. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lancashireowl said:

He’s looked assured, composed and confident for me. Looks far better than Van Aken ( who I think will come good) and Loovens. Also, bigger clubs than us were interested at some points. Why on earth was he not near the starting 11?

Because Carlos was a p1ss poor coach, end of .

For Carlos it seems it was important to have an extra player for every position, but not use or manage them, just have them sit by idly twiddling their thumbs, even forcing the semi-recovered first team players back into action at the expense of their covers.

3 minutes ago, Eaton_Swfc said:

Just one of many players frozen out by CC for no apparent reason. 

Has looked good since playing. 

Was he 'frozen out' though? Or was it just he decided he was bottom of the pecking order. Whether thats right or wrong given his ability we'll all have our own opinions. Personally i think he's done great and would be a better option than Van Aken and probably Loovens. But lets not make things up and say he was 'frozen out'. Thats just not true is it

38 minutes ago, lancashireowl said:

I understand him being behind Lees and Van Aken to an extent given the fee we paid for him. But Loovens is shot to bits and has looked so for quite a while now, just has no legs at all.

Very true is a hinderance now

39 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Because he was not one of Carlos favoured 6 or 7 who play every game.

It show when you have a squad of over 25-30 players and the same 8 or 9 play every game, no wonder we have struggled when these players have been out because the rest don't play in the same team unless you included in training. 

Exactly

Must have been great for squad morale