Venancio- Why did he fail to get a look in under CC

On 17/01/2018 at 11:19, alanharper said:

Because he was 4th choice behind Lees, Loovens and Van Aken.  With 2 of them out injured he's been playing, although Pudil is in contention for that slot as well. Plus with O'Grady, Neilson and Thorniley as options we're actually stronger at CB than we thought we were.

Venancio has been patient and took his chance very well I think, the whole loan did seem to be a waste of time at one point.  With Jos favouring 3 at the back he'll probably get more gametime even when Lees and Van Aken are back.

Let's not forget Neilson was highly rated at Forrest. Somehow he became an unreliable youngster under Carlos. The shambles that was Carlos' third season is becoming fully apparent. 

9 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

I get what your saying, none, to my knowledge, but I think it's more circumstances than choice. On Tues night, we had Lees, Loovens, JVA & Hutch all out. I bet Pudil was rested too, so no choice but to use youngsters at CB.

By the way, I'm all for it. Just looking deeper as to why.

:luhukay:

Clare came on at BL as well albeit briefly. 

4 minutes ago, s8owl75 said:

Let's not forget Neilson was highly rated at Forrest. Somehow he became an unreliable youngster under Carlos. The shambles that was Carlos' third season is becoming fully apparent. 

I thought he left there because they wouldn't give him a chance in the first team. If they thought that highly of him they wouldn't have let him go. He had a spell at Barnsley but didn't get signed.

He looks to have the potential to be a good player but I don't think he would be reliable at Championship level yet. Once we get a few more options at CB I think a L2 or maybe a L1 loan for a few months would work wonders for him Don't forget he was up against L2 opposition this week.

2 minutes ago, prowl said:

I thought he left there because they wouldn't give him a chance in the first team. If they thought that highly of him they wouldn't have let him go. He had a spell at Barnsley but didn't get signed.

He looks to have the potential to be a good player but I don't think he would be reliable at Championship level yet. Once we get a few more options at CB I think a L2 or maybe a L1 loan for a few months would work wonders for him Don't forget he was up against L2 opposition this week.

Well if he left Forrest because he wasn't going to get a chance in the first team he must have really been happy with Carlos. 

Such a big squad, so many players not performing and so many players who weren't trusted by CC. 

Morale must have been as good as it was on Owlstalk on the training ground before the new year. 

8 hours ago, adifferentgame said:

It's almost a certainty that one or more established players will find themselves surplus to requirements or, at the least, with a diminished role to play.

That said, the foundations Jos is laying look to be exactly the kind of platform that allows creative forwards the freedom to go out and have some fun.

Will be interesting to see how he incorporates the likes of Forestieri, Hooper and Bannan into his plans, and I reckon Kieran Lee is going to thrive if we ever get him back from injury limbo.

Yes fully agree. I can see FF and Lee fitting into most systems he could employ. Real problem we have is the number of players we have who are similar, for example if you play 4-2-3-1 formation. You could argue that best place for Reach, FF, Abdi, Lee, and Bannan is left side of the 3. Whilst on right side we have very few who would favour that role probably Wllace and Matias. its a real puzzle as we a[[ear to have bought players without having regard to wear we would play them. We also played players out of position which again makes them different to evaluate. Think it will be interesting what if anything he does with Bannan.