Whelmometer - where is your whelm?

For a new team in a new league with a relatively new manager and having been unbeaten in 9 games (11 in total I think)...

I'm pretty impressed to be honest.

I've seen some real changes over the past few games and I like what I see...add a couple more players in obvious places and get the super long injury list fit again and I can feel my whelm starting to stir...it's been a while but I'm hoping for quite a stonking great whelm by the summer...

• Thanks 1

5/10

Maybe harsh, we're becoming difficult to beat and started to find the opposition goal.

But, unconvinced we won't go back to tinkering, still obvious issues in our team, over reliant on certain players and mentally fragile.

I'm not at the stage where I expect us to win games yet, still at the hopeful stage. 

A few more wins  and I'll start to believe again.

5 - it's been a painful process, but we are now getting to know what sort of players we've brought in and how they will or won't fit into Moore's plans. Some have positively surprised me, many have left me perplexed. At one point it seemed like we were getting nowhere and Moore was unable to adapt, but his tinkering has found the basis of a team that can work together and now it's a case of maintaining that foundation and strengthening certain positions. The quality of passing has improved and we seem to advance more as a unit now. Not quite so well in retreat, but we are improving there too. I hope that Moore is ruthless enough to cut the dead wood over time because we are carrying too many players who are either ineffective or not consistent enough. That's a result of our limited budget for recruiting though and fully understandable given the completr overhaul which has taken place. We are still a work in progress, but I sense that the tide is now turning in our favour and HMS PTL is finally getting a bit of a breeze in her tattered sails.

• Thanks 1

Moving slowly up...not just that DM seems to have scrapped the Barca from the back stupidity but that the whole team seem to have upped the attitude and work rate and seem to be all working for each other...green shoots of growth for my whelm

Edited by daveyboy66

The sites very quiet this week 

Personally I’ve spent a fraction of my normal time on here 

I think it’s indicative of where peoples whelm is since Saturday.

Fickle ? Maybe , but we really need a massive boost this week to get the whelm back up.

Thought we’d turned a corner but it’s all just feeling typical Wednesday over the last few days 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ibbo48 said:

The sites very quiet this week 

Personally I’ve spent a fraction of my normal time on here 

I think it’s indicative of where peoples whelm is since Saturday.

Fickle ? Maybe , but we really need a massive boost this week to get the whelm back up.

Thought we’d turned a corner but it’s all just feeling typical Wednesday over the last few days 

Makes it even worse having to wait 7 days feeling this peed off for the chance to raise the “Whelm” again.

• Like 1

5/10

I had high expectations at the end of last season

I thought Moore would handle the clear out and subsequant rebuild a lot better than he has

Starting the season with 4 centre half's, 3 of whom were coming back from long term injuries was irresponsible, anyone with half a brain could see this was foolhardy at best, and complete incompetence at worst

Plus points for Moore

Players want to come to the club because of him

Negative points for Moore

He does better when he hasn't got a full squad to choose from, he chops and changes far too much

Do I think he can change things around

No, I think he is stuck in his ways

His he under achieving? Definitely, we have a squad of players who have played Championship level, one or two have played Premiership, is League 1 harder than the Championship or Premiership? Is it hell

It's all about setting the team up correctly, we are not playing to our strengths, we are looking at the opposition and picking a team to cancel their strengths out, while disregarding what we are good at

It's not rocket science, in Johnson and Hunt, we have two players who can put a dangerous ball in.

Stop playing about at the back, stop trying to thread the ball through a needle, get the ball out to Johnson or Hunt at every opportunity, get crosses in and aks questions of their back four

Against Gillingham we had two shots on target, the first one coming around the 72nd minute, against a team right down in the lower sections of the league

We spend far too long moving the ball around our back four, this is a tactic for when you are winning, when you haven't scored you get the ball out wide at every opportunity and pepper the opposition with crosses

Totally underwhelmed

For anyone who still thinks we will get promoted

Does this really feel like a promotion season? 2 shots on target v Gillingham, being turned over at Lincoln, failing to score more than once against Accrington

This is all down to the managers tactics

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.