Whelmometer - where is your whelm?

6 points off the deduction.

Monk gone.

Pulis in.

I am still close to zero.

The club remains badly run. Yet again we have a manager having to make do with someone else’s squad. It will be interesting to see how he treats Westwood.

Are we just in survival mode? Has the ambition gone? 

On 14/11/2020 at 09:12, heppers said:

6 points off the deduction.

Monk gone.

Pulis in.

I am still close to zero.

The club remains badly run. Yet again we have a manager having to make do with someone else’s squad. It will be interesting to see how he treats Westwood.

Are we just in survival mode? Has the ambition gone? 

Call me Nostradamus 

My whelmometer has been taken off the wall, its batteries removed then smashed into little pieces. Those pieces have then been swept up and boiled in caustic soda, once dried they have been burnt on a fire made up of old programmes, ticket stubbs and Owls kits dating back to the early eighties. The smoking remnants of this conflagration were then ground up and poured down my toilet. On top of this, I took a large satisfying dump powered by last nights Prawn & Chickpea Phal for the local Indian Take Away. After vigorous and thorough wiping,  the whole sorry mess was flushed down the kharsi. I feel much better now.

Where are we?

I am plumbing new depths.

We have a chairman that seems dishonest and disinterested.

A squad that we don’t improve. We are replacing the players we get rid of with the players we get rid of.

No manager.

Financially we are in trouble.

I am a zero on the whelmometer.

This season has all the hallmarks of our previous recent relegation seasons from Championship.

Severe lack of quality, can't score, too many individuals, no fight and lack of clarity, leadership or hope from the boardroom. 

...I'd still go watch them though.