Mendez laing

Felt like Moore tried to fit him in no matter what which unbalanced the team.

And I can't place my finger on any particular example but I just got the vibe off him that he was trying really hard to contain a default personality of being a complete and utter bellend.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

He really was at first. Then faded. Who knows why; injury, played out of position, attitude?

He had a very good game against Plymouth, when the whole team were on their game, struggling to think of much else that he contributed apart from missing a couple of absolute sitters when he played up front. 

Just now, alanharper said:

He had a very good game against Plymouth, when the whole team were on their game, struggling to think of much else that he contributed apart from missing a couple of absolute sitters when he played up front. 

Ok, agree to differ. Agree his perormances up front, later on, were abject though.

Different player when he came back from injury. Night and day, was really poor when we needed him the most. 

Some of his performances towards the end of the season were incredibly lazy compared to when he first signed. No interest in beating his man or running in behind. 

1 hour ago, alanharper said:

All those who were saying "NML is better anyway" when Corbeanu left are conspicuous by their absence. 

He really wasn't. 

Both were disappointing. Both flattered to deceive.

I got the impression from both that they felt they were above playing in league 1 for Wednesday.

Some good moments, but neither did enough to be considered a loss.

2 hours ago, 0114 said:

Just never fit in for me.

Not a wing back, not a striker.

Surprised we tried to keep him if anything.  

Sounds to me like we only tried half heartedly by offering a take it or leave deal on the same terms.

He decided to leave it…no big deal. Not sure he felt League 1 was where he should be playing.

1 hour ago, alanharper said:

All those who were saying "NML is better anyway" when Corbeanu left are conspicuous by their absence. 

He really wasn't. 

Very similar levels of performance for Crobs and NML according to our match ratings, neither the worst (e.g. players getting below 6 on average), but both below Hunt and Johnson, who were nearer 6.5 as wingbacks:

Screenshot 2022-06-18 at 10.38.25.png

I thought NML looked strong as a forward and was a bit of a utility player...   Not someone you would nail on the first team but a really good player to have as a squad player..   I do think though at 30 he is the sort of player would could replace relatively easily and maybe the type of player being a squad player that we should be looking to replace with someone younger that has a chance to progress..

Would have been nice to have had him in the squad at the right wages but clearly Moore wants to spend the majority of the wages on players that will improve the team..  I think Hunt is the sort of player that will play week in week out and so has been offered a competitive wage, where as NML, Wildsmith and Patterson will have been offered reduced wages as they will not be seen as starting 11 players which I think is fair enough.. 

I thought he was decent before his injury, but didn’t seem to come back the same player. To be fair his next contract is probably his last so if he’s been told by other clubs they are offering more money I can’t blame him. 

At his age he didn’t have a resale value so he’s not worth bursting the bank for.