JORDAN RHODEZZZZ!!!!!!!

11 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

He absolutely was a disaster for us. Nobody could disagree. But it could and should have been so much better.

He helped Boro and Norwich go up with critical goals while we were losing millions on him. Now he’s doing the same for Huddersfield on a free. 

4 goals this season in 23 games hardly pulled up any trees. As for the free hardly, sure he is on a seven figure contract which his form stats over the last 4 seasons really don't justify. Looks a shadow of the player I saw at Hillsborough 9 or so years ago . Now that player would have been worth every penny.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, shandypants said:

Fvvck him. He doesn’t play SWFC now. In fact, he was a fvvcking wet lettuce for us. 

Absolutely agreed, 100%. These threads do my nut in as this lad cost us £18m and he was completely garbage and now we are having a thread that’s congratulating him scoring the winner for Huddersfield to get them to Wembley.

What an apathetic fanbase we’ve got.

• Like 8

8 hours ago, The coach said:

Wudnt that have been a udders double? Wits it got to do with us? We need to stop obsessing about crap ex players..reckon some of our fans prefer ex players to current players..we have va very strange fan base if u ask me

Lees was never a crap player for Wednesday.

27 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Absolutely agreed, 100%. These threads do my nut in as this lad cost us £18m and he was completely garbage and now we are having a thread that’s congratulating him scoring the winner for Huddersfield to get them to Wembley.

What an apathetic fanbase we’ve got.

I agree, an absolutely car crash of a thread. 

Just the absolute glee and happiness in the title,  like it's our player that's scored to get us to Wembley. 

Some right weirdos on this site 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

I agree, an absolutely car crash of a thread. 

Just the absolute glee and happiness in the title,  like it's our player that's scored to get us to Wembley. 

Some right weirdos on this site 

I totally agree. 

16 minutes ago, Mr Meadows said:

Bet he’d have taken a pen for us if it was against anyone but them

worst pound for pound signing ever

It was a disaster signing but you can't accuse him of that. 

When Hudders beat Sheff Utd on pens, he wasn't in the first 5 takers and took the 6th penalty. He had previous with it. 

There were plenty on this site that wanted him at the time we signed him.

He was almost a token of how we'd changed as a club since Channers' arrival.

The living embodiment of our new financial status, in that we could now afford such a player.

Like starving men at a banquet, we couldn't wait to get him through the door.

I remember the night he signed, with that Scotsman and the Brunette who used to play with her pen both on the TV screen.

Leeds fans erroneously thought he might be going to them instead...

"You lot can't afford him", we mockingly said.

On top of the Fessi signing, it indicated an economic shift in the balance of power between the two clubs, and we gleefully lapped it up.

• Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

There were plenty on this site that wanted him at the time we signed him.

He was almost a token of how we'd changed as a club since Channers' arrival.

The living embodiment of our new financial status, in that we could now afford such a player.

Like starving men at a banquet, we couldn't wait to get him through the door.

I remember the night he signed, with that Scotsman and the Brunette who used to play with her pen both on the TV screen.

Leeds fans erroneously thought he might be going to them instead...

"You lot can't afford him", we mockingly said.

On top of the Fessi signing, it indicated an economic shift in the balance of power between the two clubs, and we gleefully lapped it up.

Yes you are right 

That’s when fans thought the club knew what they were doing .

Dont think even Carlos wanted him 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, SiJ said:

Never thought I'd see Lees looking quite so assured as a right sided CB.

Still looks uncomfortable on the ball, but he's still very good at the nitty gritty defending.

Agreed, always thought he would have to play central rather than right sided.

You’ve got to wonder what went off here, he always looked like a bloke with the weight of the world on his shoulders 

His spell at Boro before we signed him ended in promotion

His loan at Norwich from here ended in promotion 

His first season after leaving Wednesday might end in promotion too

Obviously a capable striker but we just never saw it 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Steve Down South said:

Interesting that several players deemed unworthy of playing for us at various times last season have done ok at a higher level this season.  Rhodes and Lees might be Premier League players next season, whilst Reach and Odubajo were both making appearances for top half Championship teams.  Go down a level and Dawson has just enjoyed an excellent promotion season.  Players need to take some responsibility for the abject failure that was the 20/21 season, but maybe the way they were coached was also sub-standard?

Probably not getting paid also had an impact. A lot of this poo falls on DC. 

jordan rhodes - 10m the reason for the predicament we are in because Chansiri bought him to please the fans ... and all we have done is abused him for the financial state of the club .. I do wonder what if .... if this transfer never happened 😉