JORDAN RHODEZZZZ!!!!!!!

Don’t care what he did before or after he played for us but he was fizz in shyte for us under numerous managers 

And as for the penalty, that was his bleeding job ffs 

He went on Strike 

Thumbwavingwanker

• Like 2

1 minute ago, victorturner said:

Difficult to praise SH for bravery in that position at Stadium of Light.

Misread your original comment.

Yes disappointed in what happened at SOL ( as I'm sure he is )  he's still x5 the character of JR.

And that is why, despite any failings, he is so loved by the fans.

We can forgive mistakes but not weak characters.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

That’s football mate!! There where other areas and players that did less for just as much. Hooper n fletcher we’re rarely fit…jones (huge wages), abdi (don’t even go there).

rhodes still scored a goal every 5 games for us…in a side that was as bad as anything we’ve seen in 20/25 years. 

it’s not hard to see how Rhodes made a living and became the championship all time scorer…we rarely (if ever) set up to accommodate the fact he does nothing outside the box etc… 

How many times did we see it, Rhodes scored 2 away at Bolton…on the bench the following game. Scored an hattrick at forest and gets 45-60 minutes in the following game then dropped. Very poor management IMO. 

If you say so.

30 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

That was dreadful management.

4 games to go to keep us in the division, he plays Rhodes & Windass. We beat Blackburn - survival on.

Next games at struggling Boro……..Rhodes dropped to make room for Green!!!

Lunacy.

He was the main striker but he wasn’t picked even after scoring in previous matches.
He wasn’t suited to be a lone striker but we preferred to stick to the system our new manager insisted upon ( and Monk had seemed to prefer it too) and when he did play he was a solo. Our manager started this season often playing one striker until a review led to a more sensible approach with two up front.  Gregory is not preferably a lone striker either and he likes the crosses which we never laid on for Rhodes. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

That’s football mate!! There where other areas and players that did less for just as much. Hooper n fletcher we’re rarely fit…jones (huge wages), abdi (don’t even go there).

rhodes still scored a goal every 5 games for us…in a side that was as bad as anything we’ve seen in 20/25 years. 

it’s not hard to see how Rhodes made a living and became the championship all time scorer…we rarely (if ever) set up to accommodate the fact he does nothing outside the box etc… 

How many times did we see it, Rhodes scored 2 away at Bolton…on the bench the following game. Scored an hattrick at forest and gets 45-60 minutes in the following game then dropped. Very poor management IMO. 

What ruined Rhodes was his move to bonny 'Boro.

'Boro were bobbar by PL standards anyway, with a manager who played him as a lone striker in a defensive outfit.

How many strikers in world football could have thrived in that environment?

There are only a handful of clubs in world football who could afford such a player.

And if a club has that sort of money, then it doesn't have to play that formation in the first place.

Colin did the same and played with a lone striker when United went up in the mid-Noughties, because he was scared of opponents running straight through them.

23 minutes ago, shandypants said:

I disagree wholeheartedly that Rhodes was coached incorrectly or poorly. His problem was his attitude and application. We have had players with less talent than him that have applied themselves tenfold more. 

Just doesn’t work out for players at certain clubs, for various reasons,  very unfair to call out his attitude 

He didn’t choose his price tag, it wasn’t his fault the club signed him and there was certainly more things wrong at the club than Jordan Rhodes at the time, not saying I forgive him for the penalty incident but if his confidence was shot and he didn’t fancy it , it is what it is 

To call out his attitude is very unfair, everywhere Jordan Rhodes has been he’s scored goals , it didn’t work out for

him here but that’s football ! It happens and will happen again many many times 

Watching that goal tonight just shows exactly what he is at that level, a fantastic goal scorer 

25 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Just doesn’t work out for players at certain clubs, for various reasons,  very unfair to call out his attitude 

He didn’t choose his price tag, it wasn’t his fault the club signed him and there was certainly more things wrong at the club than Jordan Rhodes at the time, not saying I forgive him for the penalty incident but if his confidence was shot and he didn’t fancy it , it is what it is 

To call out his attitude is very unfair, everywhere Jordan Rhodes has been he’s scored goals , it didn’t work out for

him here but that’s football ! It happens and will happen again many many times 

Watching that goal tonight just shows exactly what he is at that level, a fantastic goal scorer 

He didn’t score goals for us in decent numbers, he didn’t score loads for Norwich or Middlesborough or even Huddersfield this time around. He did well for Huddersfield first time and Blackburn. We signed him on the decline.

1 hour ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

Rhodes was the start of our downfall.

He is still our downfall..I bet about 20% of our debt is due to Rhodes...why any Wednesday fan is pleased for him I will never know...when them sort of crosses come in for us he Wundt have gambled...heed have hobbled back towards the halfway line with that massive piano on his back..fuming tonight..but if those filthy grunts get past forest..and he scores a goal (or a pen) he can still be a wenzdy legend

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

The last time Jordan Rhodes hit double figures in a season was 2015/16

He is barely championship standard now.

He’ll be disappointed he hasn’t scored more this season, not sure how many starts he’s had ,  he’s not at the peak of his career for sure 

But let’s not forget he’s still the 4th highest goalscorer in championship history ?  118 goals is it ? 

His goal scoring record speaks for itself, I’d expect he will drop down to league one at some point before he calls it a day , with regular starts he’ll bag in this division 

8 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

Almost a Wednesday double, Tom Lees had a goal chalked off, hes been a rock for them this season

Wudnt that have been a udders double? Wits it got to do with us? We need to stop obsessing about crap ex players..reckon some of our fans prefer ex players to current players..we have va very strange fan base if u ask me

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

‘Gaffer I don’t feel confident tonight to take a penalty’

So if a player says this to you a minute before you have to pick your five penalty takers, do you still force him to take one? Personally I pick the five lads who say they want to take one and fancy it.

Call it weak minded whatever, but at the end of the day if he wasn’t confident, he wasn’t confident. People read far too much into it. 

Far far far too much sense in this post for this forum mate.

None of the 5 lads who stepped up that night should have shocked any Wednesday fan, they're all confidant lads, they all probably should have scored. Just one of those things.

1 hour ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

Rhodes was the start of our downfall.

Personally I a!ways thought the start of our downfall was Alcock stumbling and falling when Di Canio pushed him.

Or was it Woods stumbling and falling when should have caught a header at chest height in the final minute of extra time of a rather important game?

Sorry, probably another thread all together......

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The coach said:

Wudnt that have been a udders double? Wits it got to do with us? We need to stop obsessing about crap ex players..reckon some of our fans prefer ex players to current players..we have va very strange fan base if u ask me

Dont think many owls would begrudge Tom Lees success, served us well during his time here, but theres always the odd numpty that swims against the tide

• Like 1