JORDAN RHODEZZZZ!!!!!!!

Pleased for both Lees and Rhodes.

Two solid professionals for us.

The club was toxic as fvvck with constant embargo’s, managerial merry go rounds, points deductions, players on sizeable contracts. 

Nothing to do with the individual players. Both have always been good Championship players and no surprises from me they’re now in a Play Off Final. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

I can forgive him his lack of goals in open play due to poor service in his time at S6.

I will never forgive him for being so weak ( as a striker ) as not to want to take a penalty and allowing others to shoulder the responsibility.

Good luck to Huddersfield but I question his mentality.

• Like 4

Never thought I'd see Lees looking quite so assured as a right sided CB.

Still looks uncomfortable on the ball, but he's still very good at the nitty gritty defending.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

I can forgive him his lack of goals in open play due to poor service in his time at S6.

I will never forgive him for being so weak ( as a striker ) as not to want to take a penalty and allowing others to shoulder the responsibility.

‘Gaffer I don’t feel confident tonight to take a penalty’

So if a player says this to you a minute before you have to pick your five penalty takers, do you still force him to take one? Personally I pick the five lads who say they want to take one and fancy it.

Call it weak minded whatever, but at the end of the day if he wasn’t confident, he wasn’t confident. People read far too much into it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Jim said:

Thing is he’d have been a success here playing in our current system. We signed him at the wrong time.

Even when DM arrived, we continued to play with only 1 striker. Although  DM said on arrival he had to get the best out of Rhodes, he hardly ever picked him to start even though he was the only true striker on the books,  unless you assume that Windass and Paterson are strikers. We could not find room for him. 

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

‘Gaffer I don’t feel confident tonight to take a penalty’

So if a player says this to you a minute before you have to pick your five penalty takers, do you still force him to take one? Personally I pick the five lads who say they want to take one and fancy it.

Call it weak minded whatever, but at the end of the day if he wasn’t confident, he wasn’t confident. People read far too much into it. 

He's a striker FFS.

What kind of striker doesn't back himself from 12 yards?

He needs to grow a pair.

I can't imagine Alan Shearer turning down the opportunity of being the hero from a spot kick.

• Like 5

Just now, victorturner said:

Even when DM arrived, we continued to play with only 1 striker. Although  DM said on arrival he had to get the best out of Rhodes, he hardly ever picked him to start even though he was the only true striker on the books,  unless you assume that Windass and Paterson are strikers. We could not find room for him. 

because he had a poor attitude. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

Disagree. He had the service on more than one occasion and missed absolute sitters.

• Like 2

Interesting that several players deemed unworthy of playing for us at various times last season have done ok at a higher level this season.  Rhodes and Lees might be Premier League players next season, whilst Reach and Odubajo were both making appearances for top half Championship teams.  Go down a level and Dawson has just enjoyed an excellent promotion season.  Players need to take some responsibility for the abject failure that was the 20/21 season, but maybe the way they were coached was also sub-standard?