JORDAN RHODEZZZZ!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, swfc4_sufc0 said:

I'm glad he scored, but he still looked as if he was towing a caravan when he came on. 

Still never forget that night at Hillsborough when he tore us a new one, against a promotion team..  

Four, if I remember rightly.

My arris was like a bowling ball.

lol

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Emulating many a player who struggled here and then went on to better things elsewhere

Doesn’t alter the fact his signing was unnecessary and represents one of the worst bits of business in the clubs history.

Though if a player goes on to better things with others suggests the player wasn't utilised correctly. As many have pointed out here...and while he was here.

It was ..as you point out a waste but that's down to the coach/manager/owner...not the player.

He could have been a contender..but for shyte tactics..using him in a role that was totally alien to him.

Complete foook up by the management and coaching staff...

And it's still continuing to this day

Imho of course

8 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Four, if I remember rightly.

My arris was like a bowling ball.

lol

Two fingers and one thumb stuffed into it?

lol

Edited by s73owl
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

No, he just couldn't be ar5sed...  sulked, and stole a wage

How do you know this like ?  

10 hours ago, Mighty Quinn said:

Just hope uddersfield beat the Scabs at Wemberlee 

Yes, MQ, there's a bloke I know who feels exactly the same way.

He was born in the North East, and was one of those who came down to work in the South Yorkshire coalfields.

He's a musician, and to this day he won't do gigs in North Nottinghamshire, nor will he attend them.

I guess some wounds are just so deep that they never heal.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Just doesn’t work out for players at certain clubs, for various reasons,  very unfair to call out his attitude 

Watching that goal tonight just shows exactly what he is at that level, a fantastic goal scorer 

Nonsense.

A fantastic goal scorer that doesn't fancy a spot kick?

Do me a favour.

ezgif-2-040d3f91b927.gif

19 minutes ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

Nonsense.

A fantastic goal scorer that doesn't fancy a spot kick?

Do me a favour.

ezgif-2-040d3f91b927.gif

4th Highest Goalscorer in the championships history …

Do me a favour 

6 minutes ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

No doubting his ability but 'great' goalscorers don't turn down opportunities to score of from the spot.

He dropped massively in my estimation that night.

Obviously it was disappointing to see him do that, I’ve no clue what was going on behind the scenes in his time here , but evidently his confidence was shot 

I just think it’s a bit unfair for people to be calling out his attitude and professionalism without knowing the facts, and the ones who disregard his record at other clubs and judge him off a failed stint at S6 are just a bit strange to be honest 

Jordan Rhodes has had a great career, If you remember the players reactions when he bagged that hat trick against Forest ?  Doesn’t smack me as someone who could’ve potentially had an attitude problem 

13 hours ago, Holmowl said:

He absolutely was a disaster for us. Nobody could disagree. But it could and should have been so much better.

He helped Boro and Norwich go up with critical goals while we were losing millions on him. Now he’s doing the same for Huddersfield on a free. 

I used to work with a Boro’ season ticket holder and he was very excited about Rhodes leaving them for us. Rhodes very much divided opinion at The Riverside Stadium and to say he helped get them promotion may be stretching it a little. I also worked with a Blackburn season ticket holder that was indifferent to Rhodes but did think that Huddersfield had Blackburn’s pants down when he was transferred for a king’s ransom. The only fans I worked with that universally loved Rhodes were Huddersfield fans but even they weren’t sad to see him leave when he did. 

Edited by shandypants