Toy town

1 hour ago, Maxowl1985 said:

I know conceding late today is frustrating but most of us would have took a draw before kick off. Can't see us not making the play offs. 

Looking at the Bolton line up, I was expecting a comfortable win ( I predicted 2-0) we dominated the game and missed several ( easy) chances. If we had won 4-1 no one could have said the score line flattered us unlike when we beat Cheltenham by the same score.

• Like 1

I honestly think we’ll shock MK next week. Regardless of what some think on here, we aren’t a bad side. We aren’t the finished article by any means.

I know I’ve criticised our lack of a regular goalscorer but on the flip side our goals come from all over which makes us a dangerous side to face IMO particularly in the play-offs.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jim said:

I honestly think we’ll shock MK next week. Regardless of what some think on here, we aren’t a bad side. We aren’t the finished article by any means.

I know I’ve criticised our lack of a regular goalscorer but on the flip side our goals come from all over which makes us a dangerous side to face IMO particularly in the play-offs.

And if we beat MK I don’t think it will be a shock - we are very capable of beating every team in this league - that’s why everyone will want to

avoid us in play offs 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Honestly would be delighted if we drew Rotherham at any stage in the playoffs. They've been in freefall for months.

Had a massive lead, then hit a patch of form when they scraped a few draws and even wins whilst playing poor, including against us. But the chickens have come home to roost and they are now losing more than they win.

I'm not convinced they'll even make the playoffs at this point. They are perfectly capable of losing every game of the run in 

2 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

TBH the only team that worries me is us! We really are our own worst enemies and have been all season.

Exactly this

We should have steamrolled this league 

Yet we are holding on to a playoff position 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, FlyingOwl said:

Would genuinely prefer to play them over anyone else.

Same, I was really hoping for an MK win yesterday. Rotherham my pick far a playoff opponent by miles on current form. Outplayed them twice this season and - yesterday notwithstanding - we’re a lot sharper in front of goal now than we were even a couple months back.

5 hours ago, Luke said:

Exactly this

We should have steamrolled this league 

Yet we are holding on to a playoff position 

Never understand this ‘take’ on our season.

You drop down to L1 for a reason. Unless that reason is you were docked 40pts and would otherwise have finished in Champ playoffs, nobody is coming down here and ‘steamrollering’ anything.

It’s a hard league to play decent football in, and a hard league to springboard your way back out of on quality alone.

Destroying L1 would take a very rugged/physical approach, along with boundless energy, undented enthusiasm for the task at hand, AND the ability to outplay even the 5-6 other decent sides down here.

Almost no set of players at this level has all of the above week in week out, no matter how impressive a starting XI you can cobble together on a L1 budget through club name alone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1