Toy town

14 hours ago, Skyline said:

Proper collapse for them. 

When they beat us I had them as much as promoted. They were what... 12 points clear? Looked like breaking the 100 points. 

Crazy league. 

I thought they were poor that day too.

Had the pitch at Hillsborough been any decent then we'd have won that one IMO

• Love 1

4 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

Whoever gets these in the playoffs has got as good as a bye to the final.

There collapse has been spectacular from being 10 points clear and they are hopelessly out of form going into the last few weeks of the season.

Nailed on they’ll be playing League 1 football next season.

Not certain this, other teams have gone up through play offs after being on poor runs towards end of season, Huddersfield weren't doing great when they went up from Championship and didn't we only win 1 of last 6 games when we went up in 2005.

Doesn't matter who you play, it's a lottery. It's probably best to play the least in-form team however, and that will probably be Rotherham going on the way they've folded recently. Also the travel is much easier so on balance the best team to be up against IMO.

• Like 1

Rovrum have well & truly gone down the crapper since they won that Domino Pizza Cup or whatever is it a couple of weeks back.

I can only conclude that having to open the trophy cabinet triggered off thier dust allergies & they have been suffering ever since.

8 hours ago, The only way is S6 said:

Warne is a quality manager, I mean, who else can talk about 3 relegations with the same team?! 🤔

if moore gets fired this summer which should happen if we fail to even make the playoffs then almost certainly paul warne will be fav for the job at s6. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, morganowl said:

if moore gets fired this summer which should happen if we fail to even make the playoffs then almost certainly paul warne will be fav for the job at s6. 

I doubt whether Warne would be the success here many think he would be? I don’t think he’d be able to handle the constant scrutiny/criticism he’d get weekly from our fans plus the greater expectations?

3 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Doesn't matter who you play, it's a lottery. It's probably best to play the least in-form team however, and that will probably be Rotherham going on the way they've folded recently. Also the travel is much easier so on balance the best team to be up against IMO.

id 100% want to play roth in playoffs but i very much doubt we will be in the top 6 end of season. 

my predictions 

mk dons 2 owls 0

swfc 3 crewe 0 

wycombe 3 owls 1 

fleetwood 1 owls 1

owls 1 portsmouth 1 

watching us in every away game this season apart from the plymouth away shambles i just cant see how we are going to pick up enough points away from home . anything better will be a bonus , its better to have low expectations and get proved wrong . if we stay in league 1 i can cope ive had lots of enjoyable days following us this season and 7 more grounds to visit next season. but i 100% want us to make the playoffs and have a wembley day out in may that would be amazing .

10 minutes ago, Jim said:

I doubt whether Warne would be the success here many think he would be? I don’t think he’d be able to handle the constant scrutiny/criticism he’d get weekly from our fans plus the greater expectations?

he would be the only credible choice . i like d moore but we all see his failings as a manager and it would be foolish if we failed to make the top 6 that he continues next season . losing at wembley that would allow him a chance next season . 

1 hour ago, morganowl said:

No way is Chansiri sacking Moore if we fail to make the play offs , clueless knowledge of failure.

Yep. 

I think what we needed on OT was another thread turning into a discussion about Darren Moore's future. 

We've only got about 70 threads to cater for that, but you can always have another one. 

1 hour ago, morganowl said:

id 100% want to play roth in playoffs but i very much doubt we will be in the top 6 end of season. 

my predictions 

mk dons 2 owls 0

swfc 3 crewe 0 

wycombe 3 owls 1 

fleetwood 1 owls 1

owls 1 portsmouth 1 

watching us in every away game this season apart from the plymouth away shambles i just cant see how we are going to pick up enough points away from home . anything better will be a bonus , its better to have low expectations and get proved wrong . if we stay in league 1 i can cope ive had lots of enjoyable days following us this season and 7 more grounds to visit next season. but i 100% want us to make the playoffs and have a wembley day out in may that would be amazing .

Looking at that, we need to win both home games and pick up something away. Not losing to Wycombe would be a good point for us and could be key.

22 hours ago, Skyline said:

Proper collapse for them. 

When they beat us I had them as much as promoted. They were what... 12 points clear? Looked like breaking the 100 points. 

Crazy league. 

This was the table after they beat us. 

1943A127-933F-4BCD-BDE6-DC2689E83FD8.jpeg.ba846c0a838030e7b69f0b545850cdd5.jpeg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pete Zarhutt said:

Rovrum have well & truly gone down the crapper since they won that Domino Pizza Cup or whatever is it a couple of weeks back.

I can only conclude that having to open the trophy cabinet triggered off thier dust allergies & they have been suffering ever since.

Are you referring to the game 10 days ago?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pete Zarhutt said:

😁

Screenshot_20220413-214345_Twitter.jpg