Toy town

11 hours ago, The coach said:

I krep telling yer sunderland under alex neil are the ones to worry about..but nobodys listenin

Sunderland are mentally the most messed-up club in the EFL. Can’t seem to get the balance right between ‘huge club’ (which they genuinely are in fairness) and assembling the right team for the level they find themselves at.

We tread a similarly fine line, but we’ve recruited way better (more by luck than judgement I think, but we are where we are).

Good luck to ‘em, very solid & decent fanbase but suffering from a very deep ‘big club’ rot that we’ll do well to avoid if we spend another couple of seasons down here in my view.

FWIW, I genuinely believe Moore is a huge asset in helping balance that discrepancy out in our current position. Good balance between credibility and higher aspirations, we’ve got players currently playing for him that IMO wouldn’t drop to this level for Alex Neil’s career revival project.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

Sunderland are mentally the most messed-up club in the EFL. Can’t seem to get the balance right between ‘huge club’ (which they genuinely are in fairness) and assembling the right team for the level they find themselves at.

We tread a similarly fine line, but we’ve recruited way better (more by luck than judgement I think, but we are where we are).

Good luck to ‘em, very solid & decent fanbase but suffering from a very deep ‘big club’ rot that we’ll do well to avoid if we spend another couple of seasons down here in my view.

FWIW, I genuinely believe Moore is a huge asset in helping balance that discrepancy out in our current position. Good balance between credibility and higher aspirations, we’ve got players currently playing for him that IMO wouldn’t drop to this level for Alex Neil’s career revival project.

Sunderland keep scorin last minute winners we keep conceding them..Are you sayin Moore’s cv is better than Neil’s??

They tend to do better away from home so the trip to Portsmouth on Tuesday Night is vital for them. Anything less than 3 points then the play-offs become a very realistic proposition for them. If they finish in the play-offs then they’re destined for another season in League 1 IMO. Mind the gap all over again.

On 09/04/2022 at 21:11, BRADDO said:

We won't be playing them. 

We finish 7th imo. I believe we'll lose to both MK and Wycombe 

Well you stop at home under your duvet, we can manage without your pessimism and defeatist attitude.😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Proper exciting play off chase ain't it, no guarantees on who goes up top 2, so third place could still be Roth/MK, 4th, 5th, 6th is anyone's from Plymouth, Oxford, Sunderland, Wednesday and Wycombe, all chopping and changing every game. Definite pros and cons to each team, Sunderland are hitting good form with a good manager and seem to have momentum, Wycombe are the most direct and physical side but with Dean in the back 3 that seems a lot easier to navigate. Plymouth have slotted us a number of times this season, it's going to be exciting. 

15 hours ago, The coach said:

Sunderland keep scorin last minute winners we keep conceding them..Are you sayin Moore’s cv is better than Neil’s??

Jeff said on Sky last week that in their last 7 games Sunderland had scored 7 goals after the 82nd minute and it had won them 7 points.

Add Saturdays game and that’s now 8 goals in 8 games and 9 points won. 

Got to credit their ability to go to the death, plus you probably start to believe it’s your year 

• Like 1

Guest Andy W
On 09/04/2022 at 21:12, Birley Owl 1867 said:

We won't lose again this season.

Not including getting beaten at Mk on Saturday I assume?