Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Proper collapse for them. 

When they beat us I had them as much as promoted. They were what... 12 points clear? Looked like breaking the 100 points. 

Crazy league. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Mister Soul said:

I actually think it’s very possible 

I think they'll scrape a win from somewhere over the next 5 games to stay in the playoffs. 83 pts will do that.

Edited by s29wfc
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

They were one of the worst teams we saw at Hillsborough this season despite the result.  A very limited team that have been sussed out and do not have the playing resources to change style/tactics.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, s29wfc said:

I think they'll scrape a win from somewhere over the next 5 games to stay in the playoffs. 83 pts will do that.

Maybe .. it’s a crazy league. I only see them getting anything against Burton and (because it’s a crazy league) Sunderland 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We're so frustrating, if we held on at Bolton we'd be 8 points behind MK, with a game in hand and to play them on Saturday. Beating them Saturday could have put us 5 behind with a game in hand, we'd have been real automatic contenders but I think that's just about blown up now

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

We're so frustrating, if we held on at Bolton we'd be 8 points behind MK, with a game in hand and to play them on Saturday. Beating them Saturday could have put us 5 behind with a game in hand, we'd have been real automatic contenders but I think that's just about blown up now

Here are MK Dons fixtures after us:

 

Oxford (A)

Morecambe (H)

Plymouth (A)

 

Here are Rotherham’s last 5 games:

 

Ipswich (H)

Burton (A)

Oxford (H)

Sunderland (A)

Gillingham (A)

 

You can certainly see a scenario where MK Dons only pick 4 more points up, and also a scenario where Rotherham get 7 points or less from those 5 games on current form.

 

That would mean 88 would get 2nd, so if we won the last 5 we’d have a small chance. 
 

It’s also pretty clear that 92 would almost certainly be enough, and 90 probably will be enough. 

 

Might as well try and win the last 5 and see where it takes us. If we were to win at MK Dons, we'd probably beat Crewe at home as well after that, can see if MK Dons/Rotherham drop points against Oxford and Ipswich/Burton over the same timeframe which might then give us a small chance with 3 games left.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

Here are MK Dons fixtures after us:

 

Oxford (A)

Morecambe (H)

Plymouth (A)

 

Here are Rotherham’s last 5 games:

 

Ipswich (H)

Burton (A)

Oxford (H)

Sunderland (A)

Gillingham (A)

 

You can certainly see a scenario where MK Dons only pick 4 more points up, and also a scenario where Rotherham get 7 points or less from those 5 games on current form.

 

That would mean 88 would get 2nd, so if we won the last 5 we’d have a small chance. 
 

It’s also pretty clear that 92 would almost certainly be enough, and 90 probably will be enough. 

 

Might as well try and win the last 5 and see where it takes us. If we were to win at MK Dons, we'd probably beat Crewe at home as well after that, can see if MK Dons/Rotherham drop points against Oxford and Ipswich/Burton over the same timeframe which might then give us a small chance with 3 games left.

to be honest i can't see us getting 9 points from MK, Wycombe and Portsmouth so it's all pretty irrelevant, think we'll finish at 5 points off the top 2

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Bassetts Allsorts said:

Fickle bunch football fans, read lots of tweets from Rotherham fans last night saying Warne's time is up! Yep they're out of form atm, but he's done a cracking job for me on a shoe string budget. 

 

It doesn't take any fans long to turn on Managers. Agree with you, job Warne has done for them, you would think they would keep the faith a bit longer. It is probably the minority who actually thinks he shouldn't be Manager.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whoever gets these in the playoffs has got as good as a bye to the final.

 

There collapse has been spectacular from being 10 points clear and they are hopelessly out of form going into the last few weeks of the season.

 

Nailed on they’ll be playing League 1 football next season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...