Wednesday - V - Burton Albion - OMDT

33 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Niasse up front for them 

has played at the top level and cost Everton big money once.  Interesting to see how he does .

legs might be heavy for this one, a narrow win and we move on . 

Not worried just looked at his stats and he doesn't seen that impressive. Hopefully there franny jeffers. 

1 hour ago, Willie Henderson said:

Although he wasn't a Wednesday fan, Jimi Hendrix was one of the most iconic and influential musicians of the 20th century, but his career only lasted around 4 years. He also suffered from dyslexia and tragically died at the age age of 27, choking on his own vimto.

Through drugs and alcohol.

3 hours ago, Holmowl said:

I’m hoping we see the same front 7 tonight.

Beranino Paterson - the odd couple. It’s working. 5 team goals in a game and a half…leave it alone.

The Three Musketeers - a joy of a midfield 3. It’s like they’ve had 200 games together, not half a dozen. It’s wonderful. And, what a bonus, they are creating and scoring plenty.

Hunt & Johnson - as a dinosaur, what I love to see is width and balance. In Hunt and Johnson we get both in absolute spades. Love it. Hunt is effective and a workhorse. Johnson gets you out of your seat every time he’s on the ball - he’s full of threat and end-product.

However, and nobody will agree, I want a change at the back. I want to see Gibson at LCB. Tonight we face a packed, deep and organised defensive Burton. We need to widen the pitch by having our left footed CB feeding Johnson and Bannan. Palmer, understandably, comes infield. We really need to avoid that trap tonight. The more Johnson and Bannan get on the ball wide left, the better we’ll break them down. Through the middle we’ll just hit traffic.

I agree.

But if he does, I wonder if he’ll see it as an opportunity to use Palmer’s versatility to rest Hunt or Johnson if one of them is a bit sore. (The kind of detail us fans just don’t get to find out about).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Holmowl said:

I’m hoping we see the same front 7 tonight.

Beranino Paterson - the odd couple. It’s working. 5 team goals in a game and a half…leave it alone.

The Three Musketeers - a joy of a midfield 3. It’s like they’ve had 200 games together, not half a dozen. It’s wonderful. And, what a bonus, they are creating and scoring plenty.

Hunt & Johnson - as a dinosaur, what I love to see is width and balance. In Hunt and Johnson we get both in absolute spades. Love it. Hunt is effective and a workhorse. Johnson gets you out of your seat every time he’s on the ball - he’s full of threat and end-product.

However, and nobody will agree, I want a change at the back. I want to see Gibson at LCB. Tonight we face a packed, deep and organised defensive Burton. We need to widen the pitch by having our left footed CB feeding Johnson and Bannan. Palmer, understandably, comes infield. We really need to avoid that trap tonight. The more Johnson and Bannan get on the ball wide left, the better we’ll break them down. Through the middle we’ll just hit traffic.

After thinking about it, I reckon DM might think it’s a match too soon.

He’ll want to keep the defence settled and Gibson has been out for a long time. To start Gibson tonight, he has to be convinced he could do 90 tonight and follow it up with 90 on Saturday.

I reckon he’ll keep Gibson sub tonight and start him on Saturday - then he gets a weeks rest before he plays again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mcmigo said:

Niasse up front for them 

has played at the top level and cost Everton big money once.  Interesting to see how he does .

legs might be heavy for this one, a narrow win and we move on . 

Lets hope hes not a pain in Niasse tonight.... Ill get me coat..