Wednesday - V - Burton Albion - OMDT

Appreciate fatigue might be a factor...but we've had a few games postponed recently, so haven't had to play quite as many as some of our fellow League One teams. 

Plus, when you are in good form, I think you tend to find that fatigue is less of a factor. 

2 hours ago, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

I agree.

But if he does, I wonder if he’ll see it as an opportunity to use Palmer’s versatility to rest Hunt or Johnson if one of them is a bit sore. (The kind of detail us fans just don’t get to find out about).

Palmer is a great option for RWB. 

I hope NML is back soon as he’s our best RWB and can give Johnson a break on the left.

10 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

Yep, he's played everywhere except in goal and up front.

He might even have played up front in his first season. There are a couple of games where he seems to be listed alongside Madine, but I think he was more of an attacking midfielder in a 4-5-1. But might be wrong.

Screenshot 2022-02-28 at 22.47.02.png

Edited by MallorcaOwl
typo

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Appreciate fatigue might be a factor...but we've had a few games postponed recently, so haven't had to play quite as many as some of our fellow League One teams. 

Plus, when you are in good form, I think you tend to find that fatigue is less of a factor. 

Burton have actually played two more games than us since we played them on 5th Feb so they should definitely be more fatigued than we are. Plus they probably aren’t as used to playing on sand as we are!

Great OMDT as ever M'Lud

Everything points to a Wednesday win, but we all know of our ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Despite that and invoking the spirit of season 11 / 12 I'll go for a 3-0 Wednesday win - one each for the 3 Bees - Bannon, Byers and Berahino.

6 minutes ago, Lime Tree Heros said:

Great OMDT as ever M'Lud

Everything points to a Wednesday win, but we all know of our ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Despite that and invoking the spirit of season 11 / 12 I'll go for a 3-0 Wednesday win - one each for the 3 Bees - Bannon, Byers and Berahino.

4-0 then, so the Binman can have one.

11 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

Here's the squad Darren Moore has to choose from.

Stat of the Week: If George Byers scores tomorrow, he will become the first Wednesday midfielder since Chris Maguire (in 2014) to score 4 goals in his first 10 league starts.

Screenshot 2022-02-28 at 22.27.24.png

Love the Jimi quote Snoots... 

Surely Jack Hunt will score for us at some point. He's increasingly found himself in good positions around the box like NeyMarv on the left and has been unlucky on a few occasions. After 122 appearances, he's definitely due one! 

• Like 1

I know we got the job done on Saturday and took our foot off the gas, but I REALLY want us to do a team 4/5-0 soon - the goals might come in handy for our goal difference, and in terms of momentum it will do the team the world of good. 

We really need to spank a team asap

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I have a feeling that Moore will rest a few tired legs tonight. I wouldn't be surprised to see both Bannan and Johnson rested, after coming off late against Charlton. 

Can see Palmer dropping into Johnsons position and Gibson/Iorfa in defence. Bannan? Dunno who you put there but Moore may not have a choice if he did pick up a niggle. 

Still going for a Wednesday win if this is the case: 1 - 0 UTO

53 minutes ago, tjchitt86 said:

Love the Jimi quote Snoots... 

Surely Jack Hunt will score for us at some point. He's increasingly found himself in good positions around the box like NeyMarv on the left and has been unlucky on a few occasions. After 122 appearances, he's definitely due one! 

We have another wing back who gets himself into loads of good positions but doesn't score.

Jayden Brown.