Wednesday - V - Burton Albion - OMDT

8 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Palmer has more positions than the Karma Sutra. 

Yep, he's played everywhere except in goal and up front.

He might even have played up front in his first season. There are a couple of games where he seems to be listed alongside Madine, but I think he was more of an attacking midfielder in a 4-5-1. But might be wrong.

Screenshot 2022-02-28 at 22.47.02.png

• Like 2

It feels like less than a month ago we were beating this lot 2-0 at their gaff. Unbelievably, it is! Three and a half weeks and only five games ago. Does that happen very often? Playing a team so close to the last game in the league? Anyway. We will definitely outplay them I’m sure. Hopefully that will result in a win and cement us in the top six nicely where we will stay till the end of the season 

UTO! And FU Putin!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

It feels like less than a month ago we were beating this lot 2-0 at their gaff. Unbelievably, it is! Three and a half weeks and only five games ago. Does that happen very often? Playing a team so close to the last game in the league?

Was quite common with the crazy schedule they used to have in the olden days, particularly the double fixtures around Christmas.

E.g. Wednesday drew 2-2 with Blackburn on 26th December 1955 at Ewood Park, then beat them 5-1 on 27th December 1955 at Hillsboro.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

Here's the squad Darren Moore has to choose from.

Stat of the Week: If George Byers scores tomorrow, he will become the first Wednesday midfielder since Chris Maguire (in 2014) to score 4 goals in his first 10 league starts.

Screenshot 2022-02-28 at 22.27.24.png

You are going to need a very wide column if Palmer plays any more positions.

• Haha 1

I’m hoping we see the same front 7 tonight.

Beranino Paterson - the odd couple. It’s working. 5 team goals in a game and a half…leave it alone.

The Three Musketeers - a joy of a midfield 3. It’s like they’ve had 200 games together, not half a dozen. It’s wonderful. And, what a bonus, they are creating and scoring plenty.

Hunt & Johnson - as a dinosaur, what I love to see is width and balance. In Hunt and Johnson we get both in absolute spades. Love it. Hunt is effective and a workhorse. Johnson gets you out of your seat every time he’s on the ball - he’s full of threat and end-product.

However, and nobody will agree, I want a change at the back. I want to see Gibson at LCB. Tonight we face a packed, deep and organised defensive Burton. We need to widen the pitch by having our left footed CB feeding Johnson and Bannan. Palmer, understandably, comes infield. We really need to avoid that trap tonight. The more Johnson and Bannan get on the ball wide left, the better we’ll break them down. Through the middle we’ll just hit traffic.

Edited by Holmowl
  • Like 6