Following a 2nd club

There’s other clubs that I want to do well, Exeter and Argyle for me…. but as someone earlier pointed out , when they lose it doesn’t break your heart.

I can’t even watch the extended highlights of the Oxford game as I’m so friggin demoralised.

Many OWLS from the Park Hotel crowd back in the day followed CELTIC....didnt get it myself TBH..

Recently out of respect to my old BAOR room mate,I follow HEARTS as a second team.

Met up after 40 Years apart in Blackpool for rememberence Sunday,& sadly saw several Months later he had passed...

RIP old friend....AIRBORNE

I've been watching Stocksbridge Park Steels alongside Wednesday for decades. It's my local club, and it gives me the chance to watch unspoilt, grassroots football that comes without all the the sleeze, greed, cheating, diving, play acting and general money grabbing the professional games comes with. 

It's refreshing to walk round to Braken Moor to watch the semi pro game and see teams who are there for the football, not money 

• Like 2

As a lad, we always went on holiday to my Aunty's  in Dalton - in -Furness for our holidays every year, and though I never saw Barrow play, I've always had a soft spot for them. Having another set of relatives, and having been born nearby, who were rank Barnsley followers, you can imagine my feelings when Barrow advanced to the FAC3rd round, and a tie with Barnsley.

I also had another club in my locker - my local club - Buxton - which I subsequently found is onlly some 10 years younger than my beloved |Owls, who have and always will be my first and only love.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

As a lad, we always went on holiday to my Aunty's  in Dalton - in -Furness for our holidays every year, and though I never saw Barrow play, I've always had a soft spot for them. Having another set of relatives, and having been born nearby, who were rank Barnsley followers, you can imagine my feelings when Barrow advanced to the FAC3rd round, and a tie with Barnsley.

I also had another club in my locker - my local club - Buxton - which I subsequently found is onlly some 10 years younger than my beloved |Owls, who have and always will be my first and only love.

Are there many owls in buxton? I'd imagine the close proximity to Manchester would probably see loads choosing Manchester United. Id imagine there being a lot of Derby fans too. Wednesday seem to draw more support away from South Yorkshire than our closest rivals.

Donny Rovers used to be my second team when I was younger, and I used to go and watch them more than Wednesday because it was a short bus ride away and a quid to get in for a while.

Any affection I felt for them was killed off when their fans became jumped up tw*ts and started believing the whole 'shift in the balance of power' thing once they made it to the Championship, though.

They're just another club to me now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alan said:

Moved to York - short walk from the station. I've been thinking about going sometime. 

As a Wednesday fan you'll feel right at home.

'Big' club playing below the level they should be. Consistently disappointing results, owner that the fans want rid of etc etc. There's loads of similarities lol

• Haha 1

Right, So I am originally from Wolverhampton so i do want them to win when they play (except for when they play us obviously) but thats mainly for the sake of my mates.

Apart from that I half have an interest in Real Betis (live in Spain), and  Ajax (lived in Amsterdam for a few years)

But really if they lose I am never upset

I didn't intend to - but it kind of just happened - largely because of many of the people on this forum tbh

I happened to be mates with several Blades fans at the time and Megson (who is and always will be my hero) had just been appointed at Hillsborough.   My other hero currently has the hot seat now.  Almost seemed like fate. 😄 

Nigh on 10 years later I still make the journey to Hillsborough every now and then - largely when Covid doesn't get the game called off! 

I've met a few people on here - one of which has turned into a good mate of mine now.  I also enjoy Sheffield as a city. 

I must be a sucker for punishment because neither of the teams I like in blue and white stripes are particularly good! 

• Like 6