Following a 2nd club

Always preferred Rangers over Celtic and Barcelona over Real Madrid in the non English rivalries. Also look out for local non league results Worksop, Stocksbridge and Sheffield FC.

Could i give fizz if any of them lose?

Absolutely not. Only one team for me and sadly they've been pretty poo for most of 30 years I've supported them.

WAWAW

Guest Jack the Hat

I always follow Queens Park in Glasgow. Have done all my life. Different league so doesn't matter. Only turned professional recently. Had a great start to season but seem to be petering off. To many draws. Good job i've got Wednesday to fall back on.

5 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

I always follow Queens Park in Glasgow. Have done all my life. Different league so doesn't matter. Only turned professional recently. Had a great start to season but seem to be petering off. To many draws. Good job i've got Wednesday to fall back on.

Haven't they stopped playing at Hampden Park now?

Only one Schalke 04, as a teenager living in Nottingham in the 80s went to lot's of Forest games with my mates as thats what you do, couple of Cup Finals and a few Semis as well. 

Been to a fair few Lincoln games with my own son over r the last few years, hes now just about going on his own with his mates. 

I enjoyed going but defeats never bother me unless its Wednesday. 

I'll go to any match as a neutral if offered a ticket.

I love getting up to Hallam when it doesn't clash.

But nothing comes close to Wednesday, which is annoying as they're the ones who pi$s me off the most.

I get having soft spots for certain clubs be it through family/ freind ties or geography, but nothing more than glancing at their results.

Apparently it's quite the norm in areas of the South (especially those areas without much in terms of local professional teams) to support their local EFL team and a prem side. They see it as strange that this is almost non existent among Northerners.

Odd bunch.

I was born and grew up in Boston and supported Boston United from the age of 11, I joined the Royal Navy when I was 16 and would go to matches when I was in country. For a good few years I used to plan my home visits at the weekend based around the fixture list. I met my better half while in the Navy 17 years ago and decided to settle up here. 

I’ve always been a big fan of following local teams when I’ve been based away from home and went to quite a few Plymouth games in the early 2000’s.

I found that I was in need of a local football interest as I wasn’t getting to many Boston games due to travelling and just life in general and was chatting to a friend of ours is a lifelong Wednesday fan about going to a match or two. I got a couple of tickets through Tickets For Troops for a match in 2012 and although it was a 3-2 loss (to Bristol City) the atmosphere was great and the walk through Hillsborough park and coming up on the stadium was a great sight. 

I’ve been completely taken by the Wednesday ‘bug’ and have found that I have the same passion towards both Wednesday and Boston which being honest I didn’t think would have been the case but I’m happy that it is the way it is.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

My Mrs. is a Rotherham season ticket holder and I’ve been to a few home games with her this season, when we are playing away or not playing the same day.

Its enjoyable to be fair because I can go and enjoy being at the footy without the stress and worry of the result……which is fantastic in its own way.

2 hours ago, Quickly Kevin said:

Depends on the reason.

Find it cringey when folk follow Old Firm teams cause Rangers are a proper "British team" or Celtic cause they are "Irish".

I don’t follow Rangers, I do though, follow Celtic.

Strangely enough I’m English (With a little bit of German) 

53 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

I follow QP too, used to collect scottish clubs badges when i was young for some reason, Queens Park was the only club who sent one for free, still got it. They move into new ground next season,  may take a venture up via sauchiehall street in Glasgow 

I lived in Scunthorpe for 13 years and I can confirm they nearly all have a 2nd club. Usually Man U Liverpool Leeds, Spurs, Chelsea. The more adventurous support Forest, Arsenal Newcastle Villa.  No takers for the likes of Tranmere or Port Vale. Used to annoy me, especially when a girl at work asked me who else I supported.  She didnt seem to understand I was 100% Wednesday.  I'd watch Scunny Grimsby or Hull at times, without caring who won.

One of the good things about Hillsborough and Bramall Lane is that youre unlikely to run into youths wearing Man U or Liverpool shirts. That could easily change though, the way things are going.  

I just know I'm going to get incoming but here goes.

I can't say I actually 'follow' another club but have a soft spot for Barnsley.

Born into a Wednesday household it was just natural transgretion and have been going to Hillsboro' many many years.

The reason for the soft spot is, I'm Barnsley born and bred, the majority of my mates are Barnsley ST holders (good debates) and I guess more so because as a youngster in the 60s actually played for Barnsley boys as it was called then.

I also admit to very very occasionally going to Oakwell if we are away and it's decent opposition but only if there's a spare ST going.

So there you have it, that's me outed and before any smart fecker asks, NO I don't have 6 digits on each hand 😂 

• Like 1

I’ve had a soft spot for Plymouth since I was a little lad. We went on holiday to Cornwall one year and managed to get and watch them play. Always like to see them do well ever since.

My godfather is originally from Gillingham and when I was in my late teens I went to a few away games with him and a few other exiled Gills fans who lived in the North. Some cracking days out to be fair. Those lads weren’t afraid of anything or anyone, certainly not when they managed to hang a huge Gillingham flag up in the Penny Black in town despite being surrounded by the unwashed stone island blades crew. 

Scunthorpe was the nearest league team to where I was brought up so I’ve never minded them. If they drop out the league this season then I can’t see them coming back, in fact I’d wager on them eventually falling further.

My other half’s uncle is a Rangers season ticket holder and we’ve been up to Ibrox/Hampden Park 3 or 4 times a season over the last 4 years.

Absolutely love going up there and have a soft spot for them after coming back from the wilderness. Ibrox is a great ground and their fans create a pretty good atmosphere.

Been lucky enough to go to Old Firms and was chuffed to bits that Rangers won…

But as much as I enjoy watching them and want them to do well it doesn’t come close to the feelings associated with Wednesday.

I also will never watch another club if Wednesday are playing at the same time (most Rangers games we go to are Sundays)

76B79DD3-396E-46C4-A7BA-476A4E87CEA3.jpeg