Terrific performance

I think sooner or later someone is going to be on the end of a 4 or 5 goal hiding with the number of chances we are creating. Huge improvement and considering we have a makeshift defence, performances and results are going in the right direction. 

Maybe with our lack of fit defenders, DM has decided to change tactics and take the pressure of the back by going all out attack?

3 hours ago, deano said:

Hardly surprising we conceded given the patched up defence, and to be fair 2 of the last 3 goals have been wonder strikes. 

I'm so pleased that we are now displaying the quality our calibre of player suggest we should at this level, its exiting to see and I expect us to continue now throughout the season. 

Plus a lucky deflection.

4 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Also between sort of September and early November I was giving Moore some right hammer, I wasn't happy. But once again I'm happy to continually have egg on my face. Keep it up Wednesday 

You havnt got egg on your face,we have dropped way too many points and some would argue another one dropped today...

We are playing well at the minute,scoring goals,and looking a good team.but 7h now,and if teams win their games in hand,and maintain their standard,we may have to settle for a play off place.

Time will tell,and time yet to get into the top two spots.....

Our Achilles heel of leaking goals to dead balls may come back to haunt us if we cant and fail in the play offs...

Big well done to all concerned for he change,long overdue i may be,but welcome all he same....

Onwards & upwards  up the OWLS 

We've played two of the best teams in the division and played both off the park.

If we can iron out a few issues, then no reason why we shouldn't be right in the mix.

We've got to be seeing this sort of level of performance week in week out. Most teams won't be able to cope if we turn up like we've done so recently.

• Like 3

Still early days in the season, but moving into an important Christmas period, keep up with the top 6 and we set ourselves up nicely for the run in. There will be ups and downs along the way for sure, dips in form and hopefully some more solid performances. Well done Darren Moore, looks a strong squad, despite transfer restrictions, that have a good spirit and are coming together nicely at the moment.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, vulva said:

I thought Wednesday were excellent today. This team is clicking and after Xmas we will power on. Squad depth will make a huge difference. 

I’ve said this all season about the squad. Our strength in depth should tell particularly in the second half of the season. I’ve always had total confidence in Moore that he knew what he was doing and hopefully he’ll be sticking 2 fingers up at his critics come the end of the season?

• Haha 1

Fully agree with the OP. I've not seen us much this season but that was a joy to watch. 

I'd like to praise Dunkley, Luongo and Windass, it's a whole new spine of the team in a way.  Probably the best in the league.

Brennan looks immense. I'm always going to be annoyed by the loss of Uhroghide and Shaw, we need youngsters to keep value in the squad. Build the asset. Put games in their legs.

Brennan, looks worthy already.

• Like 1

We drew...

Same result as when we were calling for Moore's head. 

Good to see better play, but, a bloody annoying result at home after dominating so much of the game. 

It's a results based promotion method,  not who plays the best. We need to start winning consistently. We are dropping two points far too often. 

But as said by many, it's great to see a landslip in attitude and effort. Let's hope we keep it going and start to crush some wins.

UTO

4 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

We drew...

Good to see better play, but, a bloody annoying result at home after dominating so much of the game. 

It's a results based promotion method,  not who plays the best. We need to start winning consistently. We are dropping two points far too often. 

But as said by many, it's great to see a landslip in attitude and effort. Let's hope we keep it going and start to crush some wins.

UTO

As someone who has been disappointed by performances and voted Moore out when there’s been a poll, my feeling is yesterday’s draw was different as we were very unlucky not to win. A worldly free kick and an own goal has denied us a deserved 3 points.  Also if we had a better goal scorer on the pitch upfront we’d be out of sight.  

Moore has got the team playing well now, just needs to sign at least a central defender and goal scoring striker in January and then the team could be the best we could hope for at this level.  So no need to replace Moore until that we give him that opportunity in January to tweak the squad 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, vulva said:

I thought Wednesday were excellent today. This team is clicking and after Xmas we will power on. Squad depth will make a huge difference. 

Agree 100% - know we’ve clicked our strength in depth will have a big impact in the later stages of the season.

I can’t see us finishing outside the top 6.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

We drew...

UTO

Totally different to the draws when some fans wanted Moore out, and comes on the back of a recent run of some excellent performances.

That was not the case a month or so ago.

• Like 1

Although we could have scored way more yesterday it’s encouraging that we are now consistently scoring at least 2 goals a game. The opposition aren’t going to keep getting so lucky with their shot conversion and we will pick up more wins. 

We should also recognise that we are a bloody tough team to beat. 3 losses in 20 games is good going. 

• Like 3