Terrific performance

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Tell you what though. 11 goals in 5 games, and heaven knows how many chances in those 5 games.

We’ll put 6 past someone soon. 

And there’s only so many times that opponents will score from so few chances.

No complaints over the attacking side of the game. But it would be nice to see more clean sheets.

I think that’s the difference between us going up automatically. 

• Like 1

It's been a huge turnaround. We look positive, creative and crucially we look dangerous. If we can stop conceding worldies we'll be in a good place.

But above all else, we're entertaining to watch. I've enjoyed these last few matches more than almost everything in the past two seasons. Can't feel too bad about the result today after that performance, which makes for a pleasant change.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

It’s really important we maintain these level of performances so we can hunt down those top two heading into the early part of 2022!

I always expected us to improve as the season went on, but some of those early performances were so dreadful I wanted Moore out. Big pat on the back for him.

Dropping out of the FA cup was probably best thing to happen to us, other than the EFL trophy, we’ve got a decent break to get some bodies back hopefully.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Tell you what though. 11 goals in 5 games, and heaven knows how many chances in those 5 games.

We’ll put 6 past someone soon. 

And there’s only so many times that opponents will score from so few chances.

Isn’t it 4 goals conceded from 5 shots on target from the last 3 home games? 

• Thanks 1

This is the most optimistic thread I've seen all season. So many games are really tight and could go either way and ultimately, the result often distorts the comments you see on here. To draw at home against Wycombe and see such positivity shows we're heading in the right direction. A good December and continued improvement and we could be in for a memorable season. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Holmowl said:

No complaints about that today.

Play like today and Tuesday and we go up. No doubt in my mind.

One of the best teams in the division were our equals for 25 minutes, and were bossed overwhelmingly for 65 minutes.

We we’re superb attacking, and oddly, despite conceding two, we stopped them getting a sniff otherwise.

3 wins and 2 draws in 5 games, which should really have been 5 wins. We are on fire and look like only getting stronger.

I think today was far from terrific, but we still should have won the game, which I think is a positive. 

We started far too slow today, the majority of the side looked well off the pace. But as the game wore on we got better and better, unfortunately we just weren't clinical enough and Paterson's clumsiness cost us 2 points. 

3 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Also between sort of September and early November I was giving Moore some right hammer, I wasn't happy. But once again I'm happy to continually have egg on my face. Keep it up Wednesday 

No need for any qualms about commenting how poor we were for that spell - it was showing few signs of life and needed calling out. 

Credit to the players and management though for having found a way through it. I wasn’t sure if they would, but the signs are very positive. The key is now consistency, I’ve not seen a side to even remotely fear this season at Hillsborough. If our players continue to put the application in that they have past few games, it’s there for the taking this season. 

• Like 1

We are now starting to look a top side at this level. Something appears to have “clicked”.

I don’t mind admitting Darren Moore is proving me (and a lot of other fans who called for his head earlier this season) wrong.

Once we sure up that back line, we could really push on.

My first game back at Hillsborough for a couple of years. So good to step back inside the my spiritual home after so long away.

Thoroughly enjoyed that performance and we definitely deserved to win. We made Wycombe look very ordinary and they’ll be delighted to come away with a draw. So many positives to take from the performance and feel some of the criticism of our players in other threads is harsh. 

• Like 1