Terrific performance

Just now, Holmowl said:

No complaints about that today.

Play like today and Tuesday and we go up. No doubt in my mind.

One of the best teams in the division were our equals for 25 minutes, and were bossed overwhelmingly for 65 minutes.

We we’re superb attacking, and oddly, despite conceding two, we stopped them getting a sniff otherwise.

3 wins and 2 draws in 5 games, which should really have been 5 wins. We are on fire and look like only getting stronger.

Agree.

The past 5 games have been a real improvement and Wycombe were lucky today.

Compare it to the performance1-0 win v Bolton when laboured to a win.

I know Luongo and Windass are making a difference but Dunkley, Corbeneau, Gregory Kamberi, Hunt, FDB to name a few are all stepping up.

• Like 9

Just now, lanzaroteowl said:

When we get some defenders back or arrive in January we should be unstoppable 

Yep just said this in another thread,  get in another centre back on loan on 1st Jan to replace Gibson’s place  in the squad and also move out Sow/Berahino and sign a more effective striker (than those two), and we could be the best side in the league 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Quickly Kevin said:

Agree.

The past 5 games have been a real improvement and Wycombe were lucky today.

Compare it to the performance1-0 win v Bolton when laboured to a win.

I know Luongo and Windass are making a difference but Dunkley, Corbeneau, Gregory Kamberi, Hunt, FDB to name a few are all stepping up.

You name 8 players who were superb and powerful.

Thats really something in any team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was pleased with how we played and not too upset with a point, particularly given our current defensive problems. At the end of the day the thing I want more than anything else is to be entertained and the game today really did that. Given the horrendous conditions that could have been an absolutely garbage match but was very good. If we can just up our ability to convert our chances we could absolutely destroy teams.

• Like 8

We deserved to win, and the workrate and attacking intent in the last 2 games against 2 of the better teams in this league has been great to see.

If we continue like this, home and away we will win many more games than we lose and we will be there or thereabouts. 

We have also showed great determination and character to come back from behind.

• Like 9

Absolutely.

Great performance, just a slight concern that we give goals away too often. 5 conceded in the last week isn’t great. 

But out of all the draws I’ve seen that’s the happiest I’ve walked away from Hillsborough.

• Like 1

Hardly surprising we conceded given the patched up defence, and to be fair 2 of the last 3 goals have been wonder strikes. 

I'm so pleased that we are now displaying the quality our calibre of player suggest we should at this level, its exiting to see and I expect us to continue now throughout the season. 

• Like 3