Just don't care anymore

Guest Grandad

Agree and disagree with the op.

Agree. I too have fallen out of love with the club, and football in general. Having spent over 50 years having my life revolve around Wednesday, including two divorces, numerous fall outs with bosses and thousands of pounds spent, by February 2020 I had just had enough. I gave away my season ticket and went traveling. The straw that broke my back was Gary Monk. I just didn’t want to go anymore, I really got to the point where I absolutely hated the bloke and that’s not healthy.

Disagree. The best two seasons we had since BFR left were the two under Carlos and Chansiri. And for that reason I can’t totally blame Chansiri. And being a wednesdayite never fully leaves you. You never fully give it up. I still get up at 2am to watch us I player, still love it when we win and celebrate goals, even on my own. I still get pissed off when we lose. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Guest DoesJackHunt
54 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

Agreed. He has made so many mistakes but this season we were all very optimistic when we signed the players we did. 

That was backing from the chairman. Unreal backing really for a League 1 club.

There is one issue at the moment and one issue alone - our tactics. That is not the bloody chairman fault.

"Unreal backing," all our new players are all on a free or on loan and we had to replace all the players that left in this manner due to the restriction imposed on the club.

I wouldn't describe it as unreal backing, just a necessary rebuild. The fact we are happy with the recruitment is more to do with the Moore's ability to attract players than anything Chansiri has done. Chansiri has literally just approved the wage budget.

The wage bill is a lot less than last year. which is a good thing because Chansiri struggled to pay last years wage bill and we are in league one but he's hardly thrown millions around on players. 

I agree the football isn't great at the moment but it hasn't been for years, I agree and we need to see improvement but it's early days in a new era. 

in my opinion the fact that everyone is so down beat is the Chairman's doing, not Darren Moore's, is Moore up to the job of getting us promoted? - time will tell but Chansiri is the biggest problem at the club in my opinion.

It's interesting as I used to use all my works holidays just to go to away matches and now I know exactly how Nigel feels -  it feels like a chore to go to even home matches let alone away and the atmosphere is awful - but then again if there is nothing on the pitch what do they expect ....🤔

I do wonder if I wasn't a carer for a disabled relative whether I would be bothered too after 54 years!  But at the moment taking someone to matches to give them time out from being just stuck at home or visiting hospitals for endless appointments means more than anything. 🥰

It's just a shame that the bit of excitement from their team to help them through the week has gone .... and now it just depresses them even more 😂

• Like 1

Part of the problem for me is we don't have an identity as a fanbase to get behind!

Investment in infrastructure? Nope

Focus on youth development? Never

A team made of steel and rough stuff? Not on your nelly 

Buy low sell high and at the right time? Nada 

Attacking, free flowing, go for it team rather loser 3-2 than 1-0 games? Nothing like it

There is literally nothing, we are a club in name but until we start to see the grass roots of something for us to get behind there will always be posts similar to this and I honestly get it

I know of kids my daughters age (12) who have never heard of us

I know people my age who say we used to be good and then ask what league we are in now.

We are like a blue and white balloon floating in the ether and until someone or something grabs the string and anchors us to an identity we will just continue to float off into obscurity 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

Seems his biggest issue is his selection process of the actual managers.

Jos, Pulis, Monk and Moore. Did anyone really think any of these managers were suitable?

Carlos - we all liked him but would a manager with Championship experience and promotions on his CV got us promotion with the funds available. Bit harsh on Carlos because he was 90 mins away from doing so.

Bruce - Good appointment at the time.

So on the surface - he has only really made one managerial appointment where the majority of us could say, I would have taken him.

The only two I thought on the face of it were good appointments - Bruce and Pulis. 

But again, I’m still of the belief that Bruce wanted out and used the Newcastle job as an excuse to leave as he saw where the club was heading. Similar with Pulis. Think he had seen enough after a couple of weeks and wanted out. This was due to the environment created by the chairman - both operating under embargo’s or wages not being paid. How is that the right environment for any manager to succeed? 

Jos and Monk I thought were really poor appointments. And they were. But again both were operating under embargo’s, points deduction and wage issues. Asking a lot for a manager to come in and play beautiful football and have us march up the table with a constant cloud of negativity hanging over the club.

The best manager he’s had his Carlos. But very few off the field dramas in those two years. He had a budget all the other managers could only dream of. 

I agree he’s made some dud appointments but again we’ve hardly had the right set up for any manager to succeed. And the two most experienced in the English game who have managed consistently at the top level - both wanted out in a matter of months and weeks.

• Like 1

One other thing that has really pissed me off. After 50 years then not renewing my season ticket, you would have thought they might ask me why? But no. Nothing. Not a word. Not even a refund of the money they owe me. They can email to tell me Joe Wildsmiths bird is up the duff, but not a word about why I have stopped being a “ customer” after 50 years of loyalty 

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

Exactly how I feel about it all. There use to be a time when all week I was so excited about the game at the weekend, that nervous kind of excitement, counting down the days. Now I just see it as an inconvenience and something I really don’t look forward to. Chansiri has poisoned this club and nothing positive will happen until he leaves. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

I genuinely never thought I'd see the day. But after all the years of obsession and dedication to the club, the battles I've fought with the likes of Allen and Walker over their horrendous mismanagement of the club and treatment of fans, this Chairman has finished me. 

The club is dead. It's now so much further back than the empty shell of a club Milan inherited. And still sinking 

The football is horrendous and has been for years (bar Carlos). The atmosphere has gone, the lone drummer at the back of the Kop symbolic. Fans circulate at the ground in a wake-like existence. Nobody remembers why they go any more. 

The club is dead and was killed by Chansiri. The last thing we all had left, that carried us through all of the horrendous 20 post Prem years, was hope. 

Once Chansiri killed that we were done. They might as well lock the gates

You have played this tune on the violin before not sure enough people are interested

• Thanks 1

We are crap..we have a crap manager..crap chairman..that’s the way it is..will probably labour to a tedious 1-1 draw..but I can’t wait for 8 tmoro morning..meet up with loads of mates ..my lads goin with their mates..boozing all day..satdays are the business🤒..be gutted if I get to the point I don’t wanna do it anymore

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

Football is a fickle old game really. I agree with the comment above we are only one decent manager away from being able to get promoted at the first attempt.

If that manager then did a Wilder and got us into the prem I wonder if all the past would be dragged up then with regards to the chairman's errors.

A manager who is able to completely paper over the cracks is rare, and it tends to be temporary. 

Suspect we'll soon see what post "doing a Wilder" looks like for United's board, if it's not happening already. 

Wouldn't say I don't care and do recognise the hollowness around supporting Wednesday since Chansiri. But, it's not all that bad. 

I'm not as fanatical as I used to be, difficult to engage with the club under its current ownership, but still a habit I can't shake. 

Yes, were underperforming on the pitch, but a few wins and enthusiasm will return. Where those wins come from, I don't know, but either they will come or a new manager will come and with him a renewed sense of optimism....and so the cycle continues. That's football. 

• Thanks 1

Guest Grandad
7 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

You have played this tune on the violin before not sure enough people are interested

Judging on the reaction its had compared to yours - I'd say there's plenty of interest. 

16 minutes ago, DoesJackHunt said:

"Unreal backing," all our new players are all on a free or on loan and we had to replace all the players that left in this manner due to the restriction imposed on the club.

I wouldn't describe it as unreal backing, just a necessary rebuild. The fact we are happy with the recruitment is more to do with the Moore's ability to attract players than anything Chansiri has done. Chansiri has literally just approved the wage budget.

The wage bill is a lot less than last year. which is a good thing because Chansiri struggled to pay last years wage bill and we are in league one but he's hardly thrown millions around on players. 

I agree the football isn't great at the moment but it hasn't been for years, I agree and we need to see improvement but it's early days in a new era. 

in my opinion the fact that everyone is so down beat is the Chairman's doing, not Darren Moore's, is Moore up to the job of getting us promoted? - time will tell but Chansiri is the biggest problem at the club in my opinion.

Not many league 1 clubs could have signed the players we have. They might be free but they will be on high salaries for league 1.

• Like 1