Just don't care anymore

Guest Grandad

Up The Owls !!

Cracking post though Grandad - Saying what most of us feel.  I also think we have been lower in playing ability, though
never at the point of a financial cataclysm like we are now.  It's the clubs future i worry for.

Few people know who pays the bills these days, is it chansiri ? , is it someone paxo knows ? Has paxo really left the club ?

chansiri's absence speaks for itself, he and his master, paxo. Have near killed the club.

And we are still on a suspended six pointer.

Guest Grandad
13 minutes ago, Manwë said:

I detest what Chansiri has done to this club.  I hate to think that he'll be here after I'm gone, and I still can't believe he has support.  

The fans still supporting the Chairman after everything he's done, and continues to do, are just as big a problem as he is

39 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I genuinely never thought I'd see the day. But after all the years of obsession and dedication to the club, the battles I've fought with the likes of Allen and Walker over their horrendous mismanagement of the club and treatment of fans, this Chairman has finished me. 

The club is dead. It's now so much further back than the empty shell of a club Milan inherited. And still sinking 

The football is horrendous and has been for years (bar Carlos). The atmosphere has gone, the lone drummer at the back of the Kop symbolic. Fans circulate at the ground in a wake-like existence. Nobody remembers why they go any more. 

The club is dead and was killed by Chansiri. The last thing we all had left, that carried us through all of the horrendous 20 post Prem years, was hope. 

Once Chansiri killed that we were done. They might as well lock the gates

Bang on.

Chancer has been the worst thing to happen to our club in my lifetime.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Yep, I know exactly where you’re coming from.

The club does seem to be an empty shell and it only takes ten minutes into a game at Hillsborough for the atmosphere to turn into a toxic downward spiral…. thank god for away days ! Even then you can sense the feeling of hopelessness emanating from the traveling faithful.

Wednesday are so ingrained in my dna that I will never be disinterested but it’s tough at the moment. A quarter of the season gone and our manager doesn’t seem to have a clue and thereby lies my main irritation. 

3 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Tactics are not Chansiri fault (Although you could argue it is him who is responsible for appointing the bloke whose fault it is)

But Chansiri is at fault for the points deduction, the suspended points deduction, the numerous embargos, the eye watering ticket prices, the 150th Year Celebrations being a flop, the kits fiascos, the club now not owning they own stadium, the numerous changes of manager, the non payment of wages and probably a couple more things I have left out.

I don't dispute that but a lot of the mistakes you mention are in the past.

Crying over spilt milk gets you no where. A lot of our fans are stuck in the past in all different manner of ways. 

We are now in League 1. Chansiri has given Moore the best budget in the league by a mile and re-signed players like Windass, Bannan and Iorfa. So it is wrong to say the issues that we are encountering this season are his fault and what he has done in the past are irrelative now, it is what happens now imo.

What he could do is act swifter to sack Moore.

Edited by CourteenerOwl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Grandad said:

The fans still supporting the Chairman after everything he's done, and continues to do, are just as big a problem as he is

Don’t think many actively support him. Ultimately what can we do? He has 100% stake.

Plus he backed the manager. And paid for a manager to come in. His intentions are good but he’s just makes absolutely terrible decisions.

It’s a tough spot to be in.

• Like 3

Worth remembering we have been lower. I mean we had Sky Sports camera's filming our club on the High Court steps counting down potentially the final hour of our existence.

Yet for me the last 18-24 months has been the most difficult time in the clubs history, so I do get posts like this. A combination of dreadful Covid-ball, the hideous way the club surrendered last season with one of the most dislikeable teams I've ever witnessed, the off field antics and club being held to task and punished for the Chairman's pitiful errors, the Gary Monk experience.. the Tony Pulis experience.. 

I've admitted before on here that I'd had enough and actively tried jacking it in. I didn't post or log on here for ages. I actively stopped following football in general for a while and tried to take up different things to fill the void. Ultimately the fact that I'm reading and replying to your post this morning, and started going again as soon as we were allowed back in, told me a lot about how much I'm stuck with Wednesday. It'll never leave me completely no matter how bad it gets, and no matter how much sometimes I wish it would.

From what I know about you, you're a bigger and more connected fan whose tolerated more than I have for longer. It also sounds like you've experienced a few things lately that perhaps put worrying about this club into perspective. I think it's fine and natural for fans relationship with SWFC to change, but for few if any of us, it never truly goes.

• Like 8

Three observations.

I agree with much of this - in particular, that it is all so boring and I really find myself not much caring. I have been to two games this season, and not sure when the next will be. I have found myself not even bothering to look up results until in some cases the next morning, and that feels like it's a bit of break. 

I do think it's a bit OTT, in that on the face of it the summer signings looked a good balance, and Moore didn't look (to me) a bad appointment. And actually the league position now isn't far off what I'd hoped for; I felt if we could be top ten at Christmas, the side was likely to improve and could definitely then challenge for top six. On what I saw on Saturday, we are going quite steadily backwards, but I can see things getting that bit better on the field at some point, if not for some time, and if not under this manager. We saw the previous times this century when we have been in this league that a hopeless initial season can be recovered from.

But there's then an underlying issue, which isn't a Chansiri one. When I started supporting us in the mid-70s, we were rubbish, but there was always the hope that things would turn around, and everything was more fluid. Sure enough, within a decade we finished top five in the first division. We can say with some certainty that that's not going to happen again. The realistic best case for us is to become a semi-established premier league side, one that (like, say, Southampton, always starts a season with an eye on the drop). That's a long shot, and it seems to me quite likely we'll won't get into the premier league in the next decade; who knows beyond that. But as a long shot, it's not all that exciting. I think the revolution has been hardest on the clubs like us, Forest, Sunderland, who when i was younger had realistic ambition to thrive at the top of the English game at least for short periods, for for who you can now say it is't going to happen.

• Like 1

The one gram of comfort that the chairman has given us this season is, you can't argue he hasn't back the manager with the signings.

Problem is Bruce aside he's employed 3 poor managers.

We're a good manager away from being a good side in this league.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

I don't dispute that but a lot of the mistakes you mention are in the past.

Crying over spilt milk gets you no where. A lot of our fans are stuck in the past in all different manner of ways. 

We are now in League 1. Chansiri has given Moore the best budget in the league by a mile and re-signed players like Windass, Bannan and Iorfa. So it is wrong to say the issues that we are encountering this season are his fault and what he has done in the past are irrelative now, it is what happens now imo.

What he could do is act swifter to sack Moore.

We were having these types of discussions 2 years ago and people were saying Chansiri  'has learned from his mistakes' and 'no point dwelling about things in the past'.

Things have got worse from then and I have no confidence our downward spiral wont continue whether is Darren Moore as manager or not.

Haven't really cared for a long time by this point, tbh.

Football in general is just so fundamentally unloveable these days.  I think if I had been born 30 years later, I probably wouldn't ever have got into it at all.

I think before Chansiri came along, it was a lot easier to at least compartmentalise SWFC away from the corrupt, money-focused, star-player-obsessed globally-televised shitshow of professional football in general in your head.

But then he came along and committed the massive double crime of a) embroiling the club in all that stuff and b) doing it in such a massively incompetent fashion that the club ends up materially worse off than when he started.

• Like 2

Chansiri has created a right old mess of things. 

Good intentions. But sadly everything he touches turns to poo . The bloke is cursed and I don’t think will ever change our fortunes around. 

He backed his manager with 14 players in the summer. Yet we’re still poo . Football just isn’t for him, but sadly he’s too stubborn to move away.

It's only Wednesday that keeps me interested in the professional game. Football is rotten to the core now. I don't watch the Premier league or the England team. If it wasn't for my lifetime of suffering watching Wednesday I would wash my hands of the entire thing and watch Stocksbridge Park Steels on a full time basis. I get more enjoyment going to Braken Moor than Hillsbro now a days. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Chansiri has created a right old mess of things. 

Good intentions. But sadly everything he touches turns to poo . The bloke is cursed and I don’t think will ever change our fortunes around. 

He backed his manager with 14 players in the summer. Yet we’re still poo . Football just isn’t for him, but sadly he’s too stubborn to move away.

Seems his biggest issue is his selection process of the actual managers.

Jos, Pulis, Monk and Moore. Did anyone really think any of these managers were suitable?

Carlos - we all liked him but would a manager with Championship experience and promotions on his CV got us promotion with the funds available. Bit harsh on Carlos because he was 90 mins away from doing so.

Bruce - Good appointment at the time.

So on the surface - he has only really made one managerial appointment where the majority of us could say, I would have taken him.

43 minutes ago, Grandad said:

A bloke in front of me at Cambridge , in the dying minutes he uttered “you’ve got to feel sorry for Chansiri haven’t you” to his mate. Incredible really !! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jack the Hat said:

As bad as Chansiri is he has still pumped a lot of money into the club. We have been in worse positions than this. I think both Allen and Mghee were worse. Even Richards left us in the brown stuff. He's not going anywhere so our current problem is the inept manager. A decent manager would get us into the playoffs. A trip to Wembley in the summer would lift the blues. Come on Chansiri, pull the trigger. MM was  a good chairman but wouldn't spend any money, whereas DC is poor but will spend. If MM had stayed on as an advisor would have been great. We were close on a couple of occasions, but the manager you mention bottled it. That wasn't DC's fault.

What did Bert Magee do so wrong ?

• Like 1

Football is a fickle old game really. I agree with the comment above we are only one decent manager away from being able to get promoted at the first attempt.

If that manager then did a Wilder and got us into the prem I wonder if all the past would be dragged up then with regards to the chairman's errors.