Just don't care anymore

Guest Grandad

I'm very apathetic.

I expect us to draw or lose pretty much every game we go into and I'm not all that fussed now when we do f*ck it up.

Seems to me that the culture of failure lingers over this club and without a drastic reset it will remain that way.

A start would be to cut ties with those players who have been here for the last several years. Unfortunately, the only way I see notable change is a new manager (again) and a new owner...

Edited by SiJ
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, madfan said:

When fans like Nigel are saying these things , it really does make you stop and think.

I understand what he means. It's only the many many years of emotional investment that I've made in the club that keep me hanging on.

The frustration is that the potential is there. We could and maybe should be playing in the Premiership. That's not to say I feel any entitlement to do so, or that I expect it to happen quickly. But we've got the fanbase, the ground and the resources to get there and maybe stay there.

What we need is an owner who is smart enough and committed enough to make it happen. And quite frankly we don't. I get the feeling we are a bit of a rich boys plaything, and the boy is getting bored of us.

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

I'm very apathetic.

I expect us to draw or lose pretty much every game we go into and I'm not all that fussed now when we do f*ck it up.

Seems to me that the culture of failure lingers over this club and without a drastic reset it will remain that way.

A start would be to cut ties with those players who have been here for the last several years. Unfortunately, the only way I see notable change is a new manager (again) and a new owner...

Hutchinson, Bannan, Palmer?

Who else. Bit crazy to suggest these individuals are responsible for our shiteness. 

• Like 1

Guest DoesJackHunt
6 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

Not many league 1 clubs could have signed the players we have. They might be free but they will be on high salaries for league 1.

it's not unreal backing though, and would we have attracted them without Moore?

2 minutes ago, DoesJackHunt said:

it's not unreal backing though, and would we have attracted them without Moore?

Most of Moore fans say no we wouldn't. 

In context the backing is fantastic for a league 1 club. Re-signing Bannan, Windass and Iorfa for this league won't have come cheap either.

Guest Grandad
10 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

Not many league 1 clubs could have signed the players we have. They might be free but they will be on high salaries for league 1.

You have absolutely zero idea whether that is true

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, ANDY said:

can you list the budgets for every L1 club. 

id be interested to see this. 

Start with Sunderland

2 hours ago, Grandad said:

I genuinely never thought I'd see the day. But after all the years of obsession and dedication to the club, the battles I've fought with the likes of Allen and Walker over their horrendous mismanagement of the club and treatment of fans, this Chairman has finished me. 

The club is dead. It's now so much further back than the empty shell of a club Milan inherited. And still sinking 

The football is horrendous and has been for years (bar Carlos). The atmosphere has gone, the lone drummer at the back of the Kop symbolic. Fans circulate at the ground in a wake-like existence. Nobody remembers why they go any more. 

The club is dead and was killed by Chansiri. The last thing we all had left, that carried us through all of the horrendous 20 post Prem years, was hope. 

Once Chansiri killed that we were done. They might as well lock the gates

Don’t think anyone can seriously and intelligently argue with a single word of that 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

It’s the hope that kills You. 
This season started with so much promise and there was a definite feeling of something in the air. 
However the mad scientist has put paid to it for me and I was an admirer of his. 
I thought he’d get it right this time and particularly with this ‘group’ as modern managers call them. 
The ironic thing is that if he kept it simple I think we would breeze it I really do. 442 or 433 playing the wingers and getting balls into the box. 
It’s amazing what a few wins can do though so I’m trying to stay positive 

Born a Wednesday fan over 60 years ago, had the seem feelings many times but I'll never stop following Wednesday.

Only health or money problems would stop me going every week. 

To win the game is a bonus, the fans, the grounds, the days and nights out watching Wednesday are why I go and Wednesday are my team and my family,

I'll never stop caring, it's Wednesday, my club, my choice, I'll stick with you, whatever the result.

• Like 1