Just don't care anymore

Guest Grandad

6 minutes ago, ANDY said:

I’ve no idea how big or small our budget is compared to the rest of the teams in this league. 

It really doesn't take much to get some sort of idea. It is all out there for everyone. 

Would say the average salary for majority of teams at this level is around 2-4k a week.

We will have multiple players on Championship wages.

I guess this truth is not ideal for those wanting to hate the chairman because even now he is still paying above market value.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

It really doesn't take much to get some sort of idea. It is all out there for everyone. 

Would say the average salary for majority of teams at this level is around 2-4k a week.

I guess this truth is not ideal for those wanting to hate the chairman because even now he is still paying above market value.

Well If it IS true that we are spaffing way more thousands on player wages than the other clubs and this is what we are being served up, then isn’t that even WORSE??

Wouldnt that be classed as the same kind of ridiculous spending and chairman governance that landed us in this division in the first place?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

I get the frustation and anger of the OP.

Its been an awful 20 years with Chansiri era sinking us to new depths.

The football is crap and atmosphere muted.

But this can be fixed , new manager and attacking football will get excitement back.

We have seen the atmosphere and joy any promotion season brings.

It will spark an interest for you again.

But unless there are bigger changes then this effect is temporary.

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

Can you confirm that Wednesday are paying 100% of those championship wages? Or 50%? Or even 10%?

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Well If it IS true that we are spaffing way more thousands on player wages and this is what we are being served up, then isn’t that even WORSE??

Given the way they are playing, I'd argue it is. Why are we paying championship wages for players who can't cut it at league 1 level.

Edited by Maddogbob

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Well If it IS true that we are spaffing way more thousands on player wages and this is what we are being served up, then isn’t that even WORSE??

My point is that the chairman can only do so much. 

He has backed Darren Moore. He has enabled him to put together a group of players that the majority of this league could not afford.

Most of our fans were delighted with the standard of player we signed.

Just judging this season alone, the problems are coming from the coaching team rather than the boardroom and I do realise that in the past it has been the other way around.

• Like 7

Just now, CourteenerOwl said:

My point is that the chairman can only do so much. 

He has backed Darren Moore. He has enabled him to put together a group of players that the majority of this league could not afford.

Most of our fans were delighted with the standard of player we signed.

Just judging this season alone, the problems are coming from the coaching team rather than the boardroom and I do realise that in the past it has been the other way around.

Thats fair

I agree with you 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, megsonstheman said:

I appreciate the OP is having a go at Chansiri and i fully understand that, but he's going nowhere in the near future. He has to admit he got it wrong with the appointment of Moore. I am at the stage where I console myself with a bad result that it hopefully brings Moore's tenure to an end

I think most of us thought Moore was worth a shot at the time, it just hasn't worked out. These things happen. The worse thing is for him to give him too much time like he did with Monk and Jos.

I would see how the next two games go but if we approach both games with the same consistent issues we have had all season, he has to go.

If Moore is a good manager he will be aware of the grumblings, he will surely see what is not working and time is ticking. He has to be more positive starting Saturday, if he isn't after a quarter of the season, I would predict he never will be. 

2 hours ago, Grandad said:

I genuinely never thought I'd see the day. But after all the years of obsession and dedication to the club, the battles I've fought with the likes of Allen and Walker over their horrendous mismanagement of the club and treatment of fans, this Chairman has finished me. 

The club is dead. It's now so much further back than the empty shell of a club Milan inherited. And still sinking 

The football is horrendous and has been for years (bar Carlos). The atmosphere has gone, the lone drummer at the back of the Kop symbolic. Fans circulate at the ground in a wake-like existence. Nobody remembers why they go any more. 

The club is dead and was killed by Chansiri. The last thing we all had left, that carried us through all of the horrendous 20 post Prem years, was hope. 

Once Chansiri killed that we were done. They might as well lock the gates

It is boring to watch and the atmosphere is non-existent. 

Not sure how that can be pointed solely at the owners door this season though. Yes, he is largely the reason we are a 3rd division club but the last manager he appointed was one which the fanbase in general were willing to give a chance at the time of the appointment and the players we recruited in the summer are all good enough to succeed at this level based on their experience and ability. 

We were in a worse state in 2003-04 and 2009-10, the squads were worse and their was little hope then either. 

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Weird innit as a comprehensive win in the next match and people will see this thread as a huge massive negative moan

Maybe.

If we won but played as bad as we have been all season, it wouldn't change much for me. We have to win but win with a solid performance. At least with some structure and cohesion.

We cannot set up like we are playing Real Madrid. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CourteenerOwl said:

Maybe.

If we won but played as bad as we have been all season, it wouldn't change much for me. We have to win but win with a solid performance. At least with some structure and cohesion.

We cannot set up like we are playing Real Madrid. 

I know I’m like a broken record but simply every player in their natural position would be a start 

As would not changing the starting line up every single week

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

I know I’m like a broken record but simply every player in their natural position would be a start 

As would not changing the starting line up every single week

Agreed. It seems such a straight forward and logical thing to do. Yet we never do.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Up The Owls !!

Cracking post though Grandad - Saying what most of us feel.  I also think we have been lower in playing ability, though
never at the point of a financial cataclysm like we are now.  It's the clubs future i worry for.

Few people know who pays the bills these days, is it chansiri ? , is it someone paxo knows ? Has paxo really left the club ?

chansiri's absence speaks for itself, he and his master, paxo. Have near killed the club.

And we are still on a suspended six pointer.

Here he is. Captain Positive.