Darren Moore

I’ve been saying all week that we’d lose the midfield battle today. Low and behold we start with Adeniran and Wing screening the back four, who are both hopeless at anticipation and are constantly caught on the back foot, giving Oxford free reign to win every second ball and grow confidence in the game. 

Although not easy to fix with the players available, the lack of foresight that this would be an issue is completely on Moore! 

People are questioning what system we are trying to play but please tell me which system would work if you lose the midfield battle? Other teams can just impose their system on us and we look lost. 

A lack of an anchor in midfield just means whenever we try to make subs we easily what little shape we had and the team doesn’t know what it’s trying to do. 

5 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

Agreed 100%.

We rotate players regularly as well.

One of the lamest excuses I've heard.

It is BS of the highest order. We didn’t look tired. We looked shîte at football! Particularly at passing the ball to our own teammates! We were fuckîng awful at that! Tired? Fûcking ballbàgs!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I’m not calling for his head.  But we were simply beaten by a better organised more composed team today.

He’s definitely under pressure, needs to find his best 11, get back to a style, a system and trust that he’s assembled a good squad - which I still think he has.

Just now, Road Runner said:

8 wins in 27 games, a win ratio under 30%, 6 points of relegation. 

Getting worse week on week, players already tired even though he changes it weekly. 

I want fight, passion and no excuses - Moore has non of these attributes. 

Long season ahead. 

Moore is a bit of a turnip but err..err we go again.

1 hour ago, catdog1121 said:

We would have loads more points if a game of football was only 85mins long...  This is getting Silly, Moore does not seem to be instilling a fighting spirit in the team..   I am not sure anyone can do any better but the games we are losing are to teams we should be winning against and the games we are actually doing alright at are the ones where it should be tighter...

Clearly the players are good enough but seem to not bring it for the lower teams which is costing us..

I keep hearing this about the players being good enough, for me they clearly ain’t. Most are cast offs or freebies that no one else wanted, most of em I’d never heard of before we signed em and why is that? Could it be they are just not good enough? 
As for Moore, yes he’s a nice guy but is now struggling and seems out of his depth. Before the season started the team and manager looked to be average league one material, that is now coming true.

This league is a lot harder than some think, it could take us some time to find the right methods and personnel to succeed

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Django said:

Na

All proven at a higher level 

Moore on the other hand……

wing has mostly been out on loan in L1 the last year or 2, with us Rotherham and Yeovil 

shodipo? Barely any look in at QPR and was on loan at Oxford 

Gregory? 33 years old and played 16 times last season. Never been a goal scorer 

Kamberi? Plucked from the middle of nowhere. Another non goal scoring striker 

Sylla sow? A bit part player for a cr@p dutch team 

The only player I’d say is somewhat proven is Byers who was a fairly regular feature for Swansea, but he can’t even get a game 

The players who were already here are proven alright, they’ve proven enough times what losers they all are 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Screen Door Slams said:

Bottom line , he has been here 7 months now..........................7 months is long enough in my eyes for any manager worth his salt to have implemented a recognisable style of play , and to have imprinted his personality on a team.......................in all honesty we seem to be getting progressively worse.

Very,very good post...

i like darren moore as a person and really hoped it would turn out well but sadly most of us realise it wont. if you can accept 12th this season as success then keep him . if you think we should at least be aiming for top 6 then he has to go. id give him to the end of the month if things dont improve(they wont) then he will be sacked. 

24 minutes ago, Screen Door Slams said:

DM,s thoughts on today

"There were tired minds out there , the group were tired , this was our third game of the week"

"we will analyse the game and move on to the next one"

"I was pleased with the second half"

"I am not making excuses , you will always get honesty from me ,  the new players are settling in , its up to me to come up with a formula"

"Some of the decision making wasn`t there today , but its a long season and still a lot of football to be played"

KIN` HELL................................WHERE TO START WITH THAT CROCK OF PROVERBIAL

This^^^^^

Tired - as tired as any other team who have played the same number of games this week in L1 as us.

New players settling in - first game or two, maybe. Not now - excuse has passed it's sell by date.

Already sounding like the long list of cack managers we have had in recent times.

Hopefully we can ship him out on a free transfer when Donny get rid of Wellans

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

wing has mostly been out on loan in L1 the last year or 2, with us Rotherham and Yeovil 

shodipo? Barely any look in at QPR and was on loan at Oxford 

Gregory? 33 years old and played 16 times last season. Never been a goal scorer 

Kamberi? Plucked from the middle of nowhere. Another non goal scoring striker 

Sylla sow? A bit part player for a cr@p dutch team 

The only player I’d say is somewhat proven is Byers who was a fairly regular feature for Swansea, but he can’t even get a game 

The players who were already here are proven alright, they’ve proven enough times what losers they all are 

shodipo was at oxford last season scored 15 from the wing( upto now awful here) 

wing at this level should be an outstanding player but bannan gets in the way. at wigan he was excellent ,today back to his poor form as bannan was playing 

i admit some of the signings were odd , kamberi 1 in 5 in poor leagues im not sure what he brings 

the wolves winger we have hardly seen but i dont know why

• Like 1