Darren Moore

He got it spot on against Wigan, and there I am thinking that I was wrong to doubt him, then it's back to form today.

He's a tinkerer, who will occasionally get it right. The rest of the time seems like finger in the air stuff to me.

Really frustrated with him this evening.

He's 5hite.

Obvious that he isn't going to change. We could give him a hundred years and we'll still play zombie football.

Until he goes, we'll forever be turning up at Hillsborough HOPING that we see us labour for a singular goal, god forbid seeing sustained pressure that gets us singing and shouting.

Get rid.

I've said it before, I don't understand his team or the way he's trying to play. Clearly it's not working. Infact it's horrible.

So why continue with it.

Players don't even look like they fit, this supposed system.

Just play to you're strength's.

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

I don’t think he was brilliant in the Market 

We are overload with bang average wide players but desperately need a left sided centre back 

and Left back come to that 

Gibson is a left-sided CB/left-back so his injury hasn't helped.

Brown is a left-back, for some reason Moore chooses to play a winger in that position instead, Brown doesn't strike me as a brilliant player but has done well in most games when picked, so just play him in his most natural position.

What are we??

Are we a direct, hit the big man and play from their side?

Are we a play it out from the back and play or way up the pitch side?

Are we a get it to the wings and get crosses in the box side?

Honestly don't have a clue, we've persisted with the same formation throughout but I've no idea what we're trying to do. It just feels like s collective of individuals trying to play football after meeting everyone for the first time and they've just meet there Idol in bannan.

Same when out of possession. Today there was no collective pressing, the players actually looked confused first half when Oxford played it out from the back. This alone to me says the manager didn't do his homework and prepped the plays to mark them up at the kickoffs to force then long.

Guest Andy W
19 minutes ago, 83owl said:

We did before the first game when there was an absolute spaffing fest going on.

Maybe in general that seemed to be the belief, not trying to be a smart arse wise after the event merchant but I never believed it fron day 1 tbh.

Just now, Sheff74 said:

He got it spot on against Wigan, and there I am thinking that I was wrong to doubt him, then it's back to form today.

He's a tinkerer, who will occasionally get it right. The rest of the time seems like finger in the air stuff to me.

Last 2 away games against fancied teams has been decent..last 2 home against very average has been shyte...

57 minutes ago, Brad_owl said:

I was sick of the talking at the end of last season. This season it was time to walk the walk. He is a absolute disaster. 

Any manager in this division could have got more points with this squad. 

No more chances for me. Out. 

I'm with you fella

1 minute ago, Sheff74 said:

Did he? I mean honestly. Having watched it, I thought he got lucky. We weren't great. 

Misplaced passes all over the shop, got lucky with the own goal and nearly chuffed it up at the end.

It was a good win, but seriously. I don't think we played outstanding.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, agentwalker said:

What are we??

Are we a direct, hit the big man and play from their side?

Are we a play it out from the back and play or way up the pitch side?

Are we a get it to the wings and get crosses in the box side?

Honestly don't have a clue, we've persisted with the same formation throughout but I've no idea what we're trying to do. It just feels like s collective of individuals trying to play football after meeting everyone for the first time and they've just meet there Idol in bannan.

Same when out of possession. Today there was no collective pressing, the players actually looked confused first half when Oxford played it out from the back. This alone to me says the manager didn't do his homework and prepped the plays to mark them up at the kickoffs to force then long.

Playing out from the back..in the 3rd tier..its laughable and creates pressure

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Maddogbob said:

I've said it before, I don't understand his team or the way he's trying to play. Clearly it's not working. Infact it's horrible.

So why continue with it.

Players don't even look like the fit, this supposed system.

Just play to you're strength's.

Absolutely.

I was struggling to work out what the formation was 1st half and we were pretty poor. Improved second half but then Dele Bashiru out wide was it? Not really sure but it didn't work. 

Persisting with the keeper playing it short to Dunkley is like a throw back to when Jos did the same with Lees, it didn't work then and it's not working now.  

1 minute ago, Sheff74 said:

That’s why i was holding off changing my opinion of him until I’d seen more positivity. People are too quick to get carried away after one result, which let’s be honest was handed to us through a freak own goal 

Hate to say it but I knew it wouldn’t last. I’m fed up with Moore now. What his game plan, where’s our identity.

He needs to have serious words with this lot, But honestly? I don’t think he’s the kind of manager to voice those words. It’s all positivity which lets be honest is wasted on this group 

they need a rocket up their backside 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, brando said:

Last 2 away games against fancied teams has been decent..last 2 home against very average has been shyte...

We were only good for about half an hour at Wigan and barely had a shot on goal at Ipswich. 

1 hour ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

He’s a Tim nice but dim character.

A nice man, but clearly not a good manager. 

Now that sums him up to perfection. Apart from a little spell when he first took over at West Brom he has done very little and can be summed up as average to say the least. The thing that gets me is some of our supporters are so desperate for a glimmer of hope they were having orgasms because he signed loads of players very few of whom anyone in Sheffield had heard of thereby mistaking quantity for quality.  Ive said this since his first day (please see my previous posts). I dont have a downer on him Id love him to succeed like I wanted Monk Pulis etc etc to succeed because that would mean to club are doing well.  But Im afraid success is unlikely. to happen unless there is a sea change. Despite the visual evidence so far some people still think we have a good squad. I hope to God we never get a bad squad.

• Like 1