Darren Moore

15 hours ago, brando said:

We deffo have a top 6 squad..if managed properly..

Agree, out of all the opposition teams we've played our squad should have been capable of getting more points than we have. After 10 minutes of starting a game the opposition can't believe how easy it is to play against us. We are too negative and don't play to our strengths. Moore needs to realise his tactics are not working and sort it out quick. I hope he does and we will get the results with this squad.

11 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Yes point is that if we have pace up front then Bannan is doing that linking work in a bit more space , probably bit further up the park. Without the pace up front we get marched up the park and squeezed, hence why it always looks like we are being genga pressed when we have the ball, we are playing in a small area of the park due to our forwards causing no concern to defenders being caught out by one flipped over the top or through them. 

this is a different team with Windass and match fit berahino in it , I am against those two and I am on my heels not my toes as a centre half as you know those two do you if the right balls come over or through. 

Do you trust the manager to play Windass and berahino together up front ?? 

17 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Hearing him say that annoyed me as well.

It's only the first weekend in October and we have played less games than most other sides in this league.

Agreed. It’s dishonest nonsense. And also illogical as he then went on to say we played with more energy in the second half. If he’s going to come up with excuses he needs to actually think about them first. 

14 hours ago, Devonstrix said:

Are Florist back to square one? I would have liked that sort of new manager bounce here - we’d still be in the championship 

If we'd gained just 3 more points we'd still be in the Championship.

But we didn't even get the usual "dead cat bounce" when Moore (or Pulis) came in, it just splattered all over the pavement. 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Five Archers said:

So how come they can’t control the ball pass it shoot or do the basics like, oh I don’t know, try? They was free for a reason 

They did ok at Wigan. They can do all of those things.  We need to find out why they only do them sometimes and not others.

Certainly playing out from the back isn't working for us yet, maybe it never will, and we don't seem to play well with the striker isolated. We did neither of those things at Wigan and looked much better.

If the manager has a plan and it isn't working he needs to be pragmatic, find what works and do it. Sticking to the plan when it's going wrong is admirable in a way but it will cost him his job eventually.

I'm not one who is calling for Moores head, I think he deserves more time.

16 hours ago, S1Owl said:

He won't change his style of play that the players seem uncomfortable with.. His interview was a deluded disgrace like he took no blame & will carry on his way regardless. 

This could be a cut and paste from the last few months of the Monk era. It cost him his job as well. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, prowl said:

They did ok at Wigan. They can do all of those things.  We need to find out why they only do them sometimes and not others.

Certainly playing out from the back isn't working for us yet, maybe it never will, and we don't seem to play well with the striker isolated. We did neither of those things at Wigan and looked much better.

If the manager has a plan and it isn't working he needs to be pragmatic, find what works and do it. Sticking to the plan when it's going wrong is admirable in a way but it will cost him his job eventually.

I'm not one who is calling for Moores head, I think he deserves more time.

Needs to work out how he can use the kick from goalkeeper instead of tippy tap at the back…if Paterson was the target I’m sure he’d win a few, but the midfield have to be alive to where the second ball is going to land and pounce on it whether it’s a defensive header or one of our strikers who’s won it. Question is are we a strong enough, fit enough and determined enough team to do this?

1 hour ago, sternlad said:

Needs to work out how he can use the kick from goalkeeper instead of tippy tap at the back…if Paterson was the target I’m sure he’d win a few, but the midfield have to be alive to where the second ball is going to land and pounce on it whether it’s a defensive header or one of our strikers who’s won it. Question is are we a strong enough, fit enough and determined enough team to do this?

When Moore is saying we were tired after having a game Tuesday you would think we aren't fit enough. We've got a big squad, use it. He said losing 4 players to covid just before kick off helped Oxford, what planet is he from. Seriously does anyone believe that for one minute. If it had happened to us he would have said of course we lost, losing 4 top players just before kick off. If he seriously believes that, just bring in 4 fresh players for ones who played midweek. It's your option Darren, you can't have it both ways.

Not time for Moore to go yet but he is starting to look like a rabbit caught in the headlights. 

4 minutes ago, prowl said:

When Moore is saying we were tired after having a game Tuesday you would think we aren't fit enough. We've got a big squad, use it. He said losing 4 players to covid just before kick off helped Oxford, what planet is he from. Seriously does anyone believe that for one minute. If it had happened to us he would have said of course we lost, losing 4 top players just before kick off. If he seriously believes that, just bring in 4 fresh players for ones who played midweek. It's your option Darren, you can't have it both ways.

Not time for Moore to go yet but he is starting to look like a rabbit caught in the headlights. 

If that’s the case then just test everyone before the next game and then fudge the results so we lose 4 players before kick off every match.

HMS PTL is setting sail.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, mcmigo said:

Yes point is that if we have pace up front then Bannan is doing that linking work in a bit more space , probably bit further up the park.

this is a different team with Windass and match fit berahino in it , I am against those two and I am on my heels not my toes as a centre half as you know those two do you if the right balls come over or through. 

Kamberi was doing this before when starting.  7 goals in 3 games with him starting.  He wasn't scoring himself but making space and opportunities for others. Then gets dropped because Gregory scores 2 rebounds. 

• Like 1

He doesn't have a clue what his best team is and we appear to have no idea what we are doing out there.

Why would you drop Brown after Tuesday?

Just changes for the sake of changes.

Suggesting the players were tired is f*cking ridiculous.

• Thanks 1

On 02/10/2021 at 19:15, nicko87 said:

Worst thing is, I actually think he's assembled a good squad, I just think he doesn't have a clue what to do with them. 

The changes he made to an attacking side who had just won a top of the league team totally baffled me. 

• Like 1