Darren Moore

2 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

wing has mostly been out on loan in L1 the last year or 2, with us Rotherham and Yeovil 

shodipo? Barely any look in at QPR and was on loan at Oxford 

Gregory? 33 years old and played 16 times last season. Never been a goal scorer 

Kamberi? Plucked from the middle of nowhere. Another non goal scoring striker 

Sylla sow? A bit part player for a cr@p dutch team 

The only player I’d say is somewhat proven is Byers who was a fairly regular feature for Swansea, but he can’t even get a game 

The players who were already here are proven alright, they’ve proven enough times what losers they all are 

Wing did well on loan at this level and was one of the few positive players for Rotherham in the Championship. Shodipo did well at Oxford, a top 6 side in this division. Gregory has been a goal scorer at this level, yes a few years ago but should still be able to compete. 

Kamberi and Sow should be bit part players at best if the rest perform to the level they can. 

Bit harsh to call the likes of Bannan, Hutchinson, Palmer, etc. losers, they have been inflicted by what we have become due to the financial mismanagement in the last couple of years.

Even Dunkley did well at this level not long ago.

The squad has more ability than it is producing as a team at the moment. 

5 minutes ago, morganowl said:

i like darren moore as a person and really hoped it would turn out well but sadly most of us realise it wont. if you can accept 12th this season as success then keep him . if you think we should at least be aiming for top 6 then he has to go. id give him to the end of the month if things dont improve(they wont) then he will be sacked. 

Reckon we will top last season's total for the number of managers we go through.

13 minutes ago, MightyOwl said:

I’ve been saying all week that we’d lose the midfield battle today. Low and behold we start with Adeniran and Wing screening the back four, who are both hopeless at anticipation and are constantly caught on the back foot, giving Oxford free reign to win every second ball and grow confidence in the game. 

Although not easy to fix with the players available, the lack of foresight that this would be an issue is completely on Moore! 

People are questioning what system we are trying to play but please tell me which system would work if you lose the midfield battle? Other teams can just impose their system on us and we look lost. 

A lack of an anchor in midfield just means whenever we try to make subs we easily what little shape we had and the team doesn’t know what it’s trying to do. 

yes 100% why the heck didnt we sign 1? instead of 7 wingers 

1 minute ago, 4evaowl said:

He’s underperforming at the moment. As a minimum he needs to get an intensity in the play, particularly as he’s signed a lot of athletic type players. Today only Patterson put a shift in, the rest were coasting.

agree with that patterson is the only 1 what deserves massive credit . some of our players didnt deserve 4 .and dunkley my god how bad is he?

3 minutes ago, morganowl said:

shodipo was at oxford last season scored 15 from the wing( upto now awful here) 

wing at this level should be an outstanding player but bannan gets in the way. at wigan he was excellent ,today back to his poor form as bannan was playing 

i admit some of the signings were odd , kamberi 1 in 5 in poor leagues im not sure what he brings 

the wolves winger we have hardly seen but i dont know why

with the Wolves lad, aren’t we just going off of some what of their fans said? No one had ever actually seen him play 

shodipo got 10 last season which is a fairly decent return. But apart from the odd decent spell has looked poor here, and let’s not forget he’s no kid anymore at 24 

Lets look at this objectively though, they’ve all come either as loans of freebies which tells you enough 

Edited by FreshOwl

"There were tired minds out there , the group were tired , this was our third game of the week"

Professional athletes but tired after 10 games. Give me strength. If that's true then all the other teams would be equally tired so it should be a level playing field.

"we will analyse the game and move on to the next one"

previous analysis of games doesn't seemed to have made much difference

"I was pleased with the second half"

Seriously? we drew it 1-1 that's pleasing is it?

"I am not making excuses , you will always get honesty from me ,  the new players are settling in , its up to me to come up with a formula"

waffle

"Some of the decision making wasn`t there today , but its a long season and still a lot of football to be played"

it wasn't there in every game this season, so there are plenty more games to look forward to when its not there?

Protecting the players fragile character is one thing but just cut the bull and admit we just didn't perform well  enough.

Time these players had a dose of reality. Shape up or ship out

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

with the Wolves lad, aren’t we just going off of some what of their fans said? No one had ever actually seen him play 

shodipo got 10 last season which is a fairly decent return. But apart from the odd decent spell has looked poor here, and let’s not forget he’s no kid anymore at 24 

Lets look at this objectively though, they’ve all come either as loans of freebies which tells you enough 

but we didnt need to sign loads and loads . this league dont involve playing slow out from the back with an ageing gregory 1 up front , according to the stats we are nearly bottom of the league for touches in the box ,chances etc etc . in fact we are 1 of the lowest scorers in the whole football league , going up? not a chance in hell. 

• Like 3

Just now, morganowl said:

but we didnt need to sign loads and loads . this league dont involve playing slow out from the back with an ageing gregory 1 up front , according to the stats we are nearly bottom of the league for touches in the box ,chances etc etc . in fact we are 1 of the lowest scorers in the whole football league , going up? not a chance in hell. 

I agree, more of a chance of relegation than promotion - easily.

A 33 year old non scoring striker up front on his own 

You couldn’t make this shIit up really 

3 minutes ago, sacré bleu said:

"There were tired minds out there , the group were tired , this was our third game of the week"

Professional athletes but tired after 10 games. Give me strength. If that's true then all the other teams would be equally tired so it should be a level playing field.

"we will analyse the game and move on to the next one"

previous analysis of games doesn't seemed to have made much difference

"I was pleased with the second half"

Seriously? we drew it 1-1 that's pleasing is it?

"I am not making excuses , you will always get honesty from me ,  the new players are settling in , its up to me to come up with a formula"

waffle

"Some of the decision making wasn`t there today , but its a long season and still a lot of football to be played"

it wasn't there in every game this season, so there are plenty more games to look forward to when its not there?

Protecting the players fragile character is one thing but just cut the bull and admit we just didn't perform well  enough.

Time these players had a dose of reality. Shape up or ship out

All this …interspersed with 24 errrms. I’m surprised he doesn’t stick the odd ‘like’ or ‘and stuff like that’

in to balance out the errrms. Do the media trainers know nothing?😉

2 hours ago, English Man said:

Again..... Like many other managers we've hired........he's previously achieved nothing to suggest he should be managing a promotional chasing side....... Let alone build a new team. 

What a boring, repetitive story this is. 

Worst thing is, I actually think he's assembled a good squad, I just think he doesn't have a clue what to do with them. 

• Like 1

Same old stuff - conceding late goals and unable to score more than once.

We’ll finish middtable under Moore - just doesn’t seem to know what he is doing. We have a decent squad at this level but are far too soft 

We need someone who has experience of getting sides up who can take the side by the scruff of the neck.

Things stay as they are we’ll be in this league for a long time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, One De Bilde said:

Can anyone tell me what formation we were playing? I'm clueless after 90 mins

Wish I could help, but I have no idea either. We've looked like an amorphous blob in almost every game so far this season.

In my opinion he’s got to stay, all this get rid of him…then blame the next manager!

The players are out there paid decent money and they aren’t performing! We can’t sack every manager, maybe at Xmas I’ll change me mind but for me he stays and we get behind the club 

• Haha 1