Darren Moore

One of the most worrying signs for me is that he’s got into his own head about certain things, and it’s clouding his judgement big time. 

Main example. We have one of the best deep lying centre midfielders outside the Prem in Bannan, yet Moore is constantly tinkering with him either higher up or out wide. At the same time Moore is trying to play out from the back with people who don’t like being on the ball and have no one to pass to, but the one person in the squad who could pick the ball up comfortably and link defence to midfield was ambling round somewhere on the right wing. It’s like Moore is trying too hard to prove we can play without Bannan in his preferred and best position. It’s absolute madness. And it’s going to cost him his job at this rate. And I say that as someone who is absolutely willing him to succeed. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, blueandwhitematt said:

One of the most worrying signs for me is that he’s got into his own head about certain things, and it’s clouding his judgement big time. 

Main example. We have one of the best deep lying centre midfielders outside the Prem in Bannan, yet Moore is constantly tinkering with him either higher up or out wide. At the same time Moore is trying to play out from the back with people who don’t like being on the ball and have no one to pass to, but the one person in the squad who could pick the ball up comfortably and link defence to midfield was ambling round somewhere on the right wing. It’s like Moore is trying too hard to prove we can play without Bannan in his preferred and best position. It’s absolute madness. And it’s going to cost him his job at this rate. And I say that as someone who is absolutely willing him to succeed. 

What worries me is if he's got any judgement to cloud.

4 hours ago, Owlstastic said:

At least Holloway wouldn't set us up at Hillsborough like Moore did today. 

It would be sh*t or bust and I would be OK with that. 

Moore looks bloody terrified of the opposites. Bizarre. It's League 1 FFS!

Very valid point. He does seem to change the team for who we are playing, instead of letting them worry about us.

Ive been a big believer in DM, but unfortunately, i dont think hes the man to get us up. He still doesnt seem to know at our best team is and we are a quarter through the season.

Heard his interview with Rob. I honestly could not believe my ears. I bet Rob was biting his tongue throughout, absolute nonsense. 

Apparently the players were tired because of the games this week, so why did they actually 'run about' after the break then? Did they have a lucozade? Complete garbage. 

Moore actually comes across as lacking intelligence most of the time. 

He says he doesn't list of excuses then reels about 4 off, he says he's honest and he isn't.

Don't get me started on the part where he apparently told the players it's really bad to concede late in a game, no S Sherlock....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Bored of it all now.  We were outplayed by Oxford United in league 1.  I don’t know what our club’s problem is but time after time we aren’t very good.  I love the club and wish they would be good, but it doesn’t look like it’s going to happen any time soon.  Which is sad as life is too short 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I absolutely hate the style of football we play under Moore, so dull and flat. We can’t even say we have been unlucky to lose games after giving our all. Just so many crap performances and results. 

The worst thing is when you look back at the wins, a lot of the time it's lucky.

Apart from Fleetwood where we were fantastic until the goal, but then average.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, blueandwhitematt said:

Bannan playing too deep is a huge problem and was last season, without pace up front .

our lack of pace up front yet again is the killer for us and impacts every single part of our game. Opposition defenders can push up the park, Bannan drops even deeper to find space and suddenly we are toothless again.

We need SB starting and match fit to give defenders something to think about and get them back on their heels. 

10 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

I absolutely hate the style of football we play under Moore, so dull and flat. We can’t even say we have been unlucky to lose games after giving our all. Just so many crap performances and results. 

No pace up front yet again, same issue as last few seasons and therefore even teams in this league just do same as teams in championship did and keep our play away from their goal.

I would honestly get the stiffs and kids in on Monday , have them do a sprint race and take the winner into the first team squad and teach the kid to stay onside when running at first team level .  We are going nowhere with lack of pace .

1 minute ago, mcmigo said:

Bannan playing too deep is a huge problem and was last season, without pace up front .

our lack of pace up front yet again is the killer for us and impacts every single part of our game. Opposition defenders can push up the park, Bannan drops even deeper to find space and suddenly we are toothless again.

We need SB starting and match fit to give defenders something to think about and get them back on their heels. 

But if we’re playing from the back, you need someone there to link it together surely from deep. Wing and Adeniran abdicated that responsibility first half and we then had centre halves who aren’t any good on the ball trying to thread passes longer up the field.  The problem when Bannan is deep isn’t him but that we then need other players to step up and move for the next ball. They usually just run off and Bannan has to try and pull something out of thin air. Anyway, not a a Bannan thread I suppose - more making the point that playing him on the right wing was absolute lunacy. Smacked of a manager getting too clever about things and muddled thinking. 

100% with you about needing to start Berahino and lack of pace in general. Killing us at the moment. Trying to hit pacy widemen, or running at full backs at speed, seems an obvious L1 formula. 

11 hours ago, Owls2k said:

Heard his interview with Rob. I honestly could not believe my ears. I bet Rob was biting his tongue throughout, absolute nonsense. 

Apparently the players were tired because of the games this week, so why did they actually 'run about' after the break then? Did they have a lucozade? Complete garbage. 

Hearing him say that annoyed me as well.

It's only the first weekend in October and we have played less games than most other sides in this league.

Just now, blueandwhitematt said:

But if we’re playing from the back, you need someone there to link it together surely from deep. Wing and Adeniran abdicated that responsibility first half and we then had centre halves who aren’t any good on the ball trying to thread passes longer up the field.  The problem when Bannan is deep isn’t him but that we then need other players to step up and move for the next ball. They usually just run off and Bannan has to try and pull something out of thin air. Anyway, not a a Bannan thread I suppose - more making the point that playing him on the right wing was absolute lunacy. Smacked of a manager getting too clever about things and muddled thinking. 

100% with you about needing to start Berahino and lack of pace in general. Killing us at the moment. Trying to hit pacy widemen, or running at full backs at speed, seems an obvious L1 formula. 

Yes point is that if we have pace up front then Bannan is doing that linking work in a bit more space , probably bit further up the park. Without the pace up front we get marched up the park and squeezed, hence why it always looks like we are being genga pressed when we have the ball, we are playing in a small area of the park due to our forwards causing no concern to defenders being caught out by one flipped over the top or through them. 

this is a different team with Windass and match fit berahino in it , I am against those two and I am on my heels not my toes as a centre half as you know those two do you if the right balls come over or through. 

• Like 1