Darren Moore

I really can’t believe just how bad that first half was. The way Moore set the team up at home against Oxford was shocking. We should be going all out against teams like this, taking the game to them. As  a person I think Moore is great, lovely bloke but as a manager with  every week that goes by he seems to show he isn’t up to this job. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, darrenmooresbunda said:

Wednesday fans are so entitled sometimes. Why do you think players like Peacock-Farrell and Berahino are here? Because they couldn’t resist the opportunity to play with Liam Palmer? Nah, it’s because of Darren Moore. 

Replacing the manager of a new squad in a new league after a few games is straight childish. Are you all not sick of the managerial merry go round? Give it some time. 

Hi Darren 

• Like 7

What I don't understand is why most managers nowadays are so stuck with one approach? It used to be 4-4-2 and direct football all the way a long time ago, but in modern times adaptability is a must.

Hell, if I saw problems all over the pitch, I would seriously consider changing something else than just the starting XI.

20 minutes ago, darrenmooresbunda said:

Wednesday fans are so entitled sometimes. Why do you think players like Peacock-Farrell and Berahino are here? Because they couldn’t resist the opportunity to play with Liam Palmer? Nah, it’s because of Darren Moore. 

Replacing the manager of a new squad in a new league after a few games is straight childish. Are you all not sick of the managerial merry go round? Give it some time. 

perhaps he does deserve a bit more time but can you honestly say the players are giving him their all or he is getting the best out of them? The performances are painful to watch, the first half today was embarrassing. I don’t see any improvement from the players and we are nearly a quarter of the way through the season. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s concerning how little progress we are seeing.

10 games in and I am not convinced, he was brilliant in the market but not seen anything on the pitch.

We leave the centre halves isolated on the halfway line, we don’t create anything, we play everyone out of position.

Not shouting for his name yet, but I am certainly concerned. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, S1Owl said:

He won't change his style of play that the players seem uncomfortable with.. His interview was a deluded disgrace like he took no blame & will carry on his way regardless. 

Has anyone got a transcript of his post match interview?

Don’t know if I’m being overly sensitive, but I’m extremely irritated by his comment about “we’ve lost our first home league game and we’re disappointed”.

Bit of defensive arrogance creeping in? 

Might well “only” be the first home defeat, but the form is shocking, the performances are dire, we don’t look like we know what the best team is and we’re slipping out of the early season running. Why go out of your way to point out it’s only the first defeat at home instead of taking some responsibility for the bigger picture? 

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, 0114 said:

It’s concerning how little progress we are seeing.

10 games in and I am not convinced, he was brilliant in the market but not seen anything on the pitch.

We leave the centre halves isolated on the halfway line, we don’t create anything, we play everyone out of position.

Not shouting for his name yet, but I am certainly concerned. 

I don’t think he was brilliant in the Market 

We are overload with bang average wide players but desperately need a left sided centre back 

and Left back come to that 

Bullied, outplayed and out thought - swapping players around with no game plan.  It’s not the losing that worries me, it’s not even the terrible performance, it’s watching players set up with no idea what their role is on the pitch.  Where was Bazza playing in the first half?  What was Patterson’s role in the first half?   Why are the midfield running away from the ball when we’re trying to play out from the back.  We need a coach that knows how to set a team up with clear understandable roles, and it’s not Moore.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

Needs to stop playing Johnson and Wing

Wake up or fizz off Darren

How he can play Johnson at left-back is beyond belief. Greta cross for the goal but that's what you expect from a winger every now and again. We defends like a winger, unsurprisingly. 

I expected good things from Wing, he has technical ability but he has been way off it so far and he is painfully slow.

Moore's substitutions don't really work very often either. Berahino for Gregory was like for like really when we needed more of a tactical change. 

Not sure what he was asking of Sow or Dele when they came on but they had no impact. 

Trying to play out from the back with Dunkley is hard to watch.