Darren Moore

Guest LondonOwl313
Just now, Andy W said:

But we don't actually have the best squad in the league do we?

We're mid table ffs

We’re mid table because we’re underachieving and the manager isn’t getting results with the players assembled. We’ve got 2 decent players for every position. Most managers in this league would take this squad over their own.

And we do have decent players. Half the team have performed at Championship level for the last 5 years. There’s more than enough to compete for promotion and if we don’t it’s down to tactics/manager 

3 minutes ago, darrenmooresbunda said:

Wednesday fans are so entitled sometimes. Why do you think players like Peacock-Farrell and Berahino are here? Because they couldn’t resist the opportunity to play with Liam Palmer? Nah, it’s because of Darren Moore. 

Replacing the manager of a new squad in a new league after a few games is straight childish. Are you all not sick of the managerial merry go round? Give it some time. 

I broadly agree with this. It's not an endorsement of his on-the-field tactics or record but I think changing manager at this point of the season is likely to be counter-productive. 

Also, we do have an over-inflated view of the club's attractiveness to potential managers. If I was Ian Evatt or Ryan Lowe, I wouldn't be tempted to jump ship to S6 at the moment.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, One De Bilde said:

Just watched the worst 90 mins I can remember. After sitting  through it I still don't know what formation we were playing. Wing and Bannan doesn't work. Always been an advocate of giving Moore a chance but we seem to have no direction, style of play, tactics...the list goes on 

Do you suffer from Amnesia. There were times last year where we were much , much worse. Ok it was the league above but we were dreadful.

Going further back we were even worse than last year, sometimes I thought we'd got a load of winos in off the street and put their boots on the wrong feet.

Today was just bitterly disappointing.

1 minute ago, Lincowl said:

We were a big draw before Moore. BPF and Berahino are hardly pulling up any trees. The later couldn’t start games in the Belgian second division.

We were. But now we’re in League 1. BPF is Championship-level, but still wanted to come to us. Berahino was the best player on the pitch as soon as he came on. 

It goes back to the entitlement. We are not a big club. We are not a draw. Moore gives us something. 

• Haha 2

If it's genuinely true that a lot of the new players really were tempted here because of Darren then sacking him now could be an utter disaster. Morale would drop through the floor.

At this point it doesn't seem like it's going to work for him here, but it's still too early to actually sack him considering the above. It needs to be proven beyond doubt that he's taking us backwards, so that the players would have no real ability to question the decision when it comes.

Sure, it would be entirely on the players if they stop giving their best if Darren is kicked out, but that doesn't mean that it couldn't happen with a number of them, leaving us in an even bigger mess.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Andy W
1 minute ago, leicesterowl said:

But most of the time we just look like a pub team....

We do....I really don't get this best squad in league bit.

For the sake of arguement, lets forget the team bit for a second.

As individual players, they should have basic skills that have made them able to be professional footballers, yet many seem not to have. If they had thst alone should get a few decent results

||||||||||||||Simple!! Its Division THREE   third tier of footie....(L1 is just marketing,pure & simple) You set your team up to score more goals than the opposition,(you know like WW did today,) and you win games....

Than you dont lose,you entertain your fans,and you get PROMOTION.......

Its a cr** Division and those saying different are just preparing excuses for FAILURE..

Because its a cr** Division with some very poor teams we will win some matches,perhaps even without doing a great deal,but at this rate a play off place is all we can expect,and that is looking none too nailed on either..

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Derby owl
39 minutes ago, zorbatheowl said:

He has no idea who his best 11 are. 

True! And he's had a pre -season plus 10 games!

2 minutes ago, darrenmooresbunda said:

We were. But now we’re in League 1. BPF is Championship-level, but still wanted to come to us. Berahino was the best player on the pitch as soon as he came on. 

It goes back to the entitlement. We are not a big club. We are not a draw. Moore gives us something. 

I think it's nothing to do with Darren Moore, Berahino the exception, but all about wages.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Guest Andy W
8 minutes ago, Stripes or die said:

And now you want another manager and all the names are being thrown around again.

Ridiculous

Changing the manager isn't the solution, its changing the players.

Many on here believe we are a big club with managers queuing to join us...of course they aren't. We get poor managers and players because that's the market we are in..cast off's, has been's and never will be's

And it's all our own doing.

The only positive we have is our magnificent fans, they amaze me every week

Why would players want to play for Moore that they're willing to drop to League One for the honour?

What's Moore achieved that players are desperate to play for him?

It's all bullshit as far as I can see it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Moore is a poor to average league 1 manager, is tactics prove this. The player recruitment in the summer fooled us all, most are average l1 players and that's why they are at Hillsborough. We are mid table, it suggests that we are where we should be. 

watched the game done on a flick chance on a sucker punch in added time, I aint his biggest fan at home with the set up but he did change at half and we fought. He is learning but i hope he doesnt revert to type next match and goes with 2 fw

Edited by runningaround