Andre Green to Slovan Bratislava

21 minutes ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

I also love Bratislava. The old town is really nice, the beer is great, and dirt cheap. And the women are stunning 😍 Only an hour from Vienna too!

I was in Bratislava when we got promoted vs. Wycombe, necking pints in the hostel whilst anxiously following the game then rolled straight after final whistle into town to celebrate...great place to celebrate promotion!

24 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The haters have got what they wanted

He joins Adthe Nuhiu, Chris Morris, Joey Pelupessy and others forced out by some of our fans.

No doubt it will be back to Liam Palmer now

Or Darren Moore has realised he's not good enough for us, so moved him on before the fans really do turn on him.

It's a good move for him and a good more for us

9 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

image.png.efa03892f7c38298eb9c215bf9922994.png

image.png.0db0f3097919e1814a8541fe042f9d36.png

image.png.86dad34154aae4f62f1d1db7f2031126.png

Andre Green

Played: 15

Scored: 0

Assist: 1

Dribbles: 8

Dispossessed: 30

"Key passes": 7

Goodbye, Sheffield Wednesday legend 

Abuse of him I don't agree with. I don't think any does. Or they shouldn't.

But I am with you on this he was just a very, very poor player for us and I can't say I am not happy to see him off the wage bill.

• Like 4

Just now, 109Waddle said:

Finally, we’ve sold a player. Wish Green all the best, wasn’t up to it on what I saw. More positive signs that we’re starting to act a bit more like a football club should.

We sold Borner about 3 weeks ago.

8 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

More that he went to Bratislava, we'll put of left field

I don't know much about the Chelsea lad, is he a winger too?

He can play all way across midfield, central and left mainly though.

Galvin, Hunt and Green all gone to accommodate him it seems.

Edited by bigash_swfc

6 minutes ago, striker said:

Good business. Joined on a free, didn't do much, Moore had a look at him, decided quickly that he wasn't a player for him and moved him on for a fee. Can't complain at that.

Absolutely this.

• Like 1

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
7 minutes ago, Nick the Owl said:

I was in Bratislava when we got promoted vs. Wycombe, necking pints in the hostel whilst anxiously following the game then rolled straight after final whistle into town to celebrate...great place to celebrate promotion!

And the cheaper beer probably more than covered the cost of the flights!

28 minutes ago, Lucas Joao's Tooth said:

Surprised at this, felt he had something to offer, granted he's not hit the ground running but i thought a full season in league 1 could have done him wonders.

Not buying the rubbish of he's had his chances etc, people rating Corbeanu higher than him, probably never even heard of him 5 months go nevermind seem him play before, same as the fans who thought Galvin was first choice left back after a appearance vs Exeter in the cup.
Green made 13 league appearances for us, his playing time 434 minutes which is just over 30 minutes on average, with a half a season out of the game, a injury and playing in a struggling team.

Now Darren Moore sees him in training  as well, so i trust his judgement, and we have a lot of players for that position but lets cut the rubbish.

Give it a rest. 

A lot of people on here spotted it in the early days - his application, desire, commitment - not there at all through a prolonged period of any game. He hasn't got the mentality to be a decent footballer at a level we need this year, whereas we've seen players come in and take to it like a duck to water already this year. 

He's had plenty of chances - plenty of chances to do the business on the pitch as a winger and he has absolutely no confidence, doesn't even want to beat his man and is void of what to do in the final third. The Doncaster game he got b*llockings from all over the pitch including DM - the writing was on the wall, I never thought we'd ship him out but he's probably been told he'll not get a game. 

If the gaffer is telling him he'll not get a game and he's off somewhere else - that pretty much spells out he's had enough chances and Moore has seen enough. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, FlyingOwl said:

Makes sense.

Weve got too many wingers as it is. We’ve got Brown and Dennis who can cover if needed. 

Thanks and good luck Andre. Hope it all works out cos he is talented, just knocked of confidence

How do we have too many wingers? We ended up with Paterson out there! Dennis is wasted out there and not a winger. Johnson loos poor