Andre Green to Slovan Bratislava

2 hours ago, Taff_Owl said:

It's very un wednesday like from the last few years to act so fast. not going to second guess what Moore has picked up from working with him.

He’s not very good. Don’t have to be a football league manager to see that. Pleasing that Moore has no room for sentiment. I feel a little bit sorry for Green because his career is going backwards but Moore has proved that’s not SWFC’s problem. No passengers. 

• Like 2

Darren Moore does not strike me as the sort of man to be parting with a player just because fans don’t rate him or write stuff on Owlstalk. He has made this decision based on what he sees every day in training and the player’s performance in matches. 

Truth is that Green is first an foremost a winger. The team under Moore is set up to play 4-3-3 and or 4-2-3-1. The wide attacking players in these systems need to be much more than wingers. They need to be capable of supporting the central striker. Adeniran showed this admirably on Tuesday. He lined up on the right flank but came inside to form a 2 man attack that led to Gregory’s goal. He also supported Hunt on the right side at times too. Corbeanu has the reputation of being that type of player too but I haven’t seen that flexibility in Green’s play at all.

So let’s not continue the witch-hunt and scapegoat stuff. Another club has made an offer for a player that doesn’t fit the manager’s plan. I doubt Moore has time to read Owlstalk and would be even less likely to take notice of some of the outlandish stuff spouted on here. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Transfermarkt site has his value at £750k, I know it’s not official but it would be interesting to know how much we got for him.   

As it’s been said hopefully we can use the funds to bring in another young player on a permanent deal like Uwakwe 

what position does Uwakwe play? 

Andre Green has completed a permanent transfer to Slovak Super Liga side ŠK Slovan Bratislava for an undisclosed fee.

The 23-year-old joined the Owls in January 2021 on a free transfer and went on to make 15 appearances in total, including three during the current campaign.

We would like to thank Andre for his services and wish him well for the future.

Edited by darra

5 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Transfermarkt site has his value at £750k, I know it’s not official but it would be interesting to know how much we got for him.   

As it’s been said hopefully we can use the funds to bring in another young player on a permanent deal like Uwakwe 

We cannot make any transfer signing EFL rules so if its not a free then we are struggling have already have 6 loan players.

1 minute ago, Southie_Owl said:

Yes hopefully we can get him on a free and he can take Green’s place in the squad and on the wage bill 

But is he any better than Brennan who we already have. I would rather give our own youth a chance if needed?