Andre Green to Slovan Bratislava

1 hour ago, smhouston said:

How do we have too many wingers? We ended up with Paterson out there! Dennis is wasted out there and not a winger. Johnson loos poor

Johnson doesn't look poor to me, he just hasn't hit the ground running in the same way players like Adeniran have. He looks like he has some ability, and with time to blend in there's potential for a very useful player there. He also looked very committed; he was chasing the Fleetwood players down with high energy right up until the last minute the other night. Not bad for someone apparently lacking match fitness.

• Like 4

Just now, Dan™ said:

Johnson doesn't look poor to me, he just hasn't hit the ground running in the same way players like Adeniran have. He looks like he has some ability, and with time to blend in there's potential for a very useful player there. He also looked very committed; he was chasing the Fleetwood players down with high energy right up until the last minute the other night. Not bad for someone apparently lacking match fitness.

100%.

He might well take some time to adjust to playing that left-flank role in front of a right-footed left-back, which alters a fair bit about how he receives the ball, where he should run to create space, how much onus is on him to get crosses over, etc...

He's been steady so far.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

100%.

He might well take some time to adjust to playing that left-flank role in front of a right-footed left-back, which alters a fair bit about how he receives the ball, where he should run to create space, how much onus is on him to get crosses over, etc...

He's been steady so far.

Brown has had no problems doing so though has he. Moore won't give players time to find there feet. Not when we have other options on the bench and promotion will be his requirement this season.

9 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

We haven't got the time or resources to wait for players to get up to speed.

He's had a fair shot and I'm glad that DM agrees with us posters who spotted this early in the piece.

And were vilified as "hater's" and "bullies".

But let's draw a line under that unpleasant and pointless attempt to divide fans and move on together with (often) differing opinions.

There's been some unpleasantness aimed at some players at times, but unfortunately non-abusive, rational posters who were simply sharing their opinion have also been tarred with the same brush by certain posters for some reason.

Honest, good-natured debate needs to be encouraged, not stifled.

• Like 3

Guest Djclifton

He’s not very good. He’s tried but just not up to our new level. 

im delighted Moore can see / deal with this. 

Very impressed - good luck Andre too

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

Brown has had no problems doing so though has he. Moore won't give players time to find there feet. Not when we have other options on the bench and promotion will be his requirement this season.

I think he will, as long as he's happy there are signs of effort and progress.

It would be daft to bomb out such a player before they've even reached peak fitness.

Just seen that Slovan Bratislava are in the Europa League so be has potentially swapped League 1 for European football. I wonder if he thought it was a good move for him? 

And haven't Slovakia had a few issues with racism in the past?

Edited by theowlsman

7 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I think he will, as long as he's happy there are signs of effort and progress.

It would be daft to bomb out such a player before they've even reached peak fitness.

The problem is we have so many good options you could find yourself unable to get back in if you don't perform when given the opportunity. 

I think Brown or Paterson will replace him on Saturday. then we also have Sow, Corbeanu, Shodipo and eventually windass waiting to play. Because that is pretty much the only spot up for debate long term I think as the others will be certs pretty much.

1 minute ago, theowlsman said:

Just seen that Slovan Bratislava are in the Europa League so be has potentially swapped League 1 for European football. I wonder if he thought it was a good move for him? 

And haven't Slovakia had a few issues with racism in the past?

Anywhere's a good move if your club don't want to pay your wages any longer.

They might see a possibility to get him back to form but it looks like a long shot to me.

I'm glad he's fixed up and earning tho..

• Like 1

A bit of scheite talked here the main thing is that Moore looks after his players whether in vogue or not; He does his best to get players playing at a level and he has accomplished that in helping get Green fixed up. Slovan Bratislava have more European appearances than most in the premier league, so it's a decent move for him with no stigma attached. Well done Darren.  

• Like 1