Andre Green to Slovan Bratislava

53 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Crikey!

Moore's not messing about, is he?

I'm loving it! I was worried Moore must've been a bit of a "yes man" to find favour with DC, but it genuinely appears DC has let go of the reigns... or at least some of them.

• Like 2

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
47 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Think this is sensible tbh. One step closer to this being fully Moore's squad, Green wasn't his signing.

He's never impressed me in terms of end product at all and that's what it comes down to at the end of the day. Must admit I also had the thought that this could open up a space for Sims to come in, I'd still really like to see him here.

Wish him the best of luck there, Bratislava is one of my favourite cities, a really fantastic place.

I also love Bratislava. The old town is really nice, the beer is great, and dirt cheap. And the women are stunning 😍 Only an hour from Vienna too!

Surprised at this, felt he had something to offer, granted he's not hit the ground running but i thought a full season in league 1 could have done him wonders.

Not buying the rubbish of he's had his chances etc, people rating Corbeanu higher than him, probably never even heard of him 5 months go nevermind seem him play before, same as the fans who thought Galvin was first choice left back after a appearance vs Exeter in the cup.
Green made 13 league appearances for us, his playing time 434 minutes which is just over 30 minutes on average, with a half a season out of the game, a injury and playing in a struggling team.

Now Darren Moore sees him in training  as well, so i trust his judgement, and we have a lot of players for that position but lets cut the rubbish.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, timrud said:

He pulled him off in every game except one. I think if we had a fully fit squad he wouldn't be involved in those games. Moore made a telling comment that we were good and needed to improve. It doesn't take a genius to work out which couple of players he was on about

To be fair I thought Barry was alright first half.

Moore has made a decision..He would be a total bloody idiot to make that decision on the back of criticisms of fans on a bloody football forum...and I don't think Moore is an idiot...He's based it on watching the team day in day out

Edited by asteener1867
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The haters have got what they wanted

He joins Adthe Nuhiu, Chris Morris, Joey Pelupessy and others forced out by some of our fans.

No doubt it will be back to Liam Palmer now

Are you sad to see him leaving then?

Or like me do you agree that we now have better options than him and getting him off the wage bill is the right thing to do.

• Like 1

Now I'm unsure whether we need another replacement or do we have enough with Sow, Corbeanu, Windass, Paterson, Shodipo, Johnson or even Adeniran filling in. I guess we have enough. 

I admire that we identified we didn't want him and acted quickly to get him out. Best for us and the player. It also feels very unlike us! 

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The haters have got what they wanted

He joins Adthe Nuhiu, Chris Morris, Joey Pelupessy and others forced out by some of our fans.

No doubt it will be back to Liam Palmer now

If Palmer goes to Forest what will the haters do then?

Agree with the comments about unmet potential.

Even in the Donny game (where he was better) there were moments where he just wasn’t switched on, like throw ins and quick goal kicks. He had a chance to be an outlet for a quick counter and he wasn’t even looking at where the ball was. Weird.

5 minutes ago, Lucas Joao's Tooth said:

Surprised at this, felt he had something to offer, granted he's not hit the ground running but i thought a full season in league 1 could have done him wonders.

Not buying the rubbish of he's had his chances etc, people rating Corbeanu higher than him, probably never even heard of him 5 months go nevermind seem him play before, same as the fans who thought Galvin was first choice left back after a appearance vs Exeter in the cup.
Green made 13 league appearances for us, his playing time 434 minutes which is just over 30 minutes on average, with a half a season out of the game, a injury and playing in a struggling team.

Now Darren Moore sees him in training  as well, so i trust his judgement, and we have a lot of players for that position but lets cut the rubbish.

We may have just got a very good offer for him too, if its anywhere near £300-500k that sort of money would be really useful to the club and savings on his wages too. For a position we know have 3 or 4 others able to play in.

Andre Green has completed a permanent transfer to Slovak Super Liga side ŠK Slovan Bratislava for an undisclosed fee.

The 23-year-old joined the Owls in January 2021 on a free transfer and went on to make 15 appearances in total, including three during the current campaign.

We would like to thank Andre for his services and wish him well for the future.

Owlstalk Shop