Andre Green to Slovan Bratislava

13 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

So back to my previous point anyhow, we now have a squad vacancy. Bring in another player or promote one of the younger players and if so, who?

Younger players don't count towards the 22 man squad, so we'll see who is available around deadline day I reckon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Yep.

As fans, we only see what happens in a match (which has been underwhelming as far as Green is concerned, but that can happen), whereas the coaching team will have been assessing him and working with him day in and day out before coming to this judgement.

If they feel he's not what they need, then it's best for all concerned to part ways.

The really positive aspect of this is how ruthlessly Moore appears to be in driving up standards and building the team that he wants.

yep. 

Was it the end of this season he was contracted to out of interest?

This transaction has confirmed what we have all suspected for a while now in that someone has finally been able to walk through the doors and have complete authority on what happens at the club. Something we’ve been crying out for since the beginning of the DC era.

• Like 4

Weird one, but good luck to the lad.

Remember last season one of the commentators was slagging Green right off, saying about his attitude and application, think we were playing Watford. I thought maybe they were talking about Andre Gray, but they were in definitely talking about Green....cant for the life of me remember who it was, but think he was one of his former coaches.

I reckon this will mean Ellis Harrison will come in from Pompey. 

Surprised.  Really hoped that we'd get the best out of Green, obviously has talent and class but clearly not fulfilled his potential in his time with us. This move might be his chance to kick-start his career elsewhere and prove to be a win-win. Good luck kid. Onwards and upwards for us.

Guest Andy W
3 hours ago, BRUCE LEE said:

Good management

Clearly wasn’t working, swiftly dealt with 

Well done Moore

Positive post alert...great decision. Moore didn't mess about, assessed him decided no, gone. Excellent, I am impressed by Moore and he MAY just be the man

7 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Why do we need to replace Green with another player for?. The squad is good enough as it is. And we have probably the best attacking player we have got still to come back aswell. Wait till January and go from there I say.

Do you know what, genuinly forgot about Windass....crikey!

• Haha 2

Just now, TbagMcgraw said:

Do you know what, genuinly forgot about Windass....crikey!

Exactly. We have two wingers/forwards in Corbeanu and Sow that have not even kicked a ball yet either. But let's add to the wage bill. don't get it. we have to many players. I wouldn't be surprised if more went.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Random Task said:

Since we’re only allowed to be positive now, do we have to be upset that a player that’s started 3 from 4 in our heroic and indomitable team is leaving? 

Or would being upset be too negative and imply we’re questioning the managers judgment?

Or would being happy that he’s going imply he’s not good enough, which would be negative since he’s started 3 from 4 in our heroic and indomitable team?

It's a minefield, isn't it?

I've just been smiling inanely and clapping my hands red-raw just for the avoidance of doubt that I'm on board with the positivity agenda.

My wife's not impressed, for some reason. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

I think something different has happened here…

I reckon that in the last few games Moore has identified a position that needs strengthening but due to squad limits he’s had to move someone out. 

Green is probably one of our players who had interest in and played in a position where we are well covered - esp. with Adeniran performing well in that role - so he’s decided to sacrifice him to strengthen elsewhere

I don’t buy that he was trying him out and changed his mind - there’s no way he’d have got the game time he did. Moore rated him, but has obviously prioritized somewhere else

IMO

Maybe he got the game time because he was fit to play and fitted into the formation.

Now we have more players getting up to speed and available in the wide positions and Green has failed to make a mark in just about every chance he was given. 

We haven't got the time or resources to wait for players to get up to speed.

He's had a fair shot and I'm glad that DM agrees with us posters who spotted this early in the piece.

And were vilified as "hater's" and "bullies".

But let's draw a line under that unpleasant and pointless attempt to divide fans and move on together with (often) differing opinions.

• Like 5