Andre Green to Slovan Bratislava

9 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

Makes sense.

Weve got too many wingers as it is. We’ve got Brown and Dennis who can cover if needed. 

Thanks and good luck Andre. Hope it all works out cos he is talented, just knocked of confidence

They are our best ones, forget about cover if needed.

lol

6 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Crikey!

Moore's not messing about, is he?

I thought Green deserved time to play his way into form, but if this is true, then I assume he's seen enough and thinks we have better options in the squad.

Unfortunately with Shodipo, Corbeanu & Sow getting nearer to fitness and Adeniran showing he can do a better job in the role Green was never going to get time to find the form he lost 3 years ago.

If it's true, then it's all starting to make sense.

I've heard we've signed the kid from Chelsea a few days ago, Tariq Uwakwe.

Green, Galvin and Hunt out...freeing up spots.

Moore really likes Uwakwe.

"Sheffield Wednesday are trying sign Tariq Uwakwe. The deal could be get sorted by the end of the week. They have made a formal approach. A permanent move likely but loan with a view to buy a possibility. The manager Darren Moore has been keen on him for some time #CFC"

Think this is sensible tbh. One step closer to this being fully Moore's squad, Green wasn't his signing.

He's never impressed me in terms of end product at all and that's what it comes down to at the end of the day. Must admit I also had the thought that this could open up a space for Sims to come in, I'd still really like to see him here.

Wish him the best of luck there, Bratislava is one of my favourite cities, a really fantastic place.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Our 25 man squad is now 24. I reckon Southampton have said we can sign whatshisname. Simms is it?

Nowt to do with Southampton they released him at the end of last season.

• Like 1

Guest timrud

Credit to Moore for quickly having a look at him this season and agreeing with the sensible majority on here.

Another sign the chairman has evolved - in years gone by he would've been banished never to be heard of again - now we are cycling people like this out of the club.

We can't seem to put a foot wrong at the moment - long may it continue.

13 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

I’m a bit surprised as I though he looked a bit better the last time he played. Moore must have not thought he was up to it. Shame for Green really because doing well here could have really reignited his career. 

Hope things work out for him but I expect to hear of him on the move again before too long. 

The new Ravel Morrison maybe ,has the talent but not prepared to put the work in. The writing could have been on the wall for him with the number of wide players, all keen to impress, that have been brought in over the last 3 weeks. Good luck Andre think you may need it if your not willing to battle for a shirt at league 1 level.

18 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

No loss if true, looks mentally weak and doesn't work hard enough - probably confidence related, who knows.

Read a tweet recently where the Villa fans said he's definitely a confidence player.

Honestly, Green seems like a nice guy so I feel quite bad for him.

IMO Slovan Bratislava is a really poor move for him, I expect him to see him back in England in around 18 months probably in League One with Shrewsbury or Gillingham, having wasted another chunk of his career. He really needs to kick on if he's going to realise some potential but it's just not happening for him.

• Like 1

Green has got talent but there is something amiss whether that’s mentality or application I’m not sure

Wednesday at the moment would have given him a platform to settle and kick on but obviously it’s not happened

Strikes me as someone who is going to amass a lot of clubs and never really settling anywhere

That said I hope he reaches the potential he has and settles down

18 minutes ago, Kew Owl said:

If Moore has decided he has no place in his plans, then I’ll run with that at the moment,

I’m inclined to back DM so far  - let’s hope he’s got it right here

This season just gets better, Moore isn’t messing about, excellent news. Play Brown at left back and for me We have cracked it. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Crikey!

Moore's not messing about, is he?

I thought Green deserved time to play his way into form, but if this is true, then I assume he's seen enough and thinks we have better options in the squad.

Agree. I like this though. Moore knows what he wants and isn't messing about (as you say). 

In truth Green hasn't offered much so no great loss and frees up space for another signing maybe?

• Like 3